Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Nelson NBA Draft??

Default Re: Grant Nelson NBA Draft??

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I accept these terms going forward
    The Challengers have spoken and have arisen to the occasion! A banner day for Bisonville!
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've also heard that it's NBA or NDSU next year and I've said from the beginning I think that's in his best interest to come back here and continue to be the dude than to go elsewhere. NBA scouts have already flocked to Fargo to watch, his exposure level doesn't need the help of a P5 school. Not everything is about money, I've said this about Grant from the beginning, he's a ND kid, he loves repping his state, him and Boden are best friends and all of his family can come see every home game. Those things are important to him and he's making some NIL money here so not like he's currently at $0 and if he's going to get 1st round NBA money the following year he doesn't need a one year payday.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I've also heard that it's NBA or NDSU next year and I've said from the beginning I think that's in his best interest to come back here and continue to be the dude than to go elsewhere. NBA scouts have already flocked to Fargo to watch, his exposure level doesn't need the help of a P5 school. Not everything is about money, I've said this about Grant from the beginning, he's a ND kid, he loves repping his state, him and Boden are best friends and all of his family can come see every home game. Those things are important to him and he's making some NIL money here so not like he's currently at $0 and if he's going to get 1st round NBA money the following year he doesn't need a one year payday.
    Not sure it’s about exposure… scouts know him…it’s now about increasing/improving his draft stock. Playing a P6 schedule would give him opportunities to play against guys as big if not bigger than he is. Yeah keeping him a Bison is important but if he were to go to the Big Ten or Big Twelve or Big East there’s more data to collect. As it is right now he’s a round two pick, if that.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    Not sure it’s about exposure… scouts know him…it’s now about increasing/improving his draft stock. Playing a P6 schedule would give him opportunities to play against guys as big if not bigger than he is. Yeah keeping him a Bison is important but if he were to go to the Big Ten or Big Twelve or Big East there’s more data to collect. As it is right now he’s a round two pick, if that.
    Yes which will make it harder for him to maximize his stat line. Not only will it be more difficult for him to score but he also won't be the guy the offense runs through, he'd have to fit in to whatever his new team is doing because there will be plenty of other talent around him as well. NDSU typically gets a few P5 schools on their schedule, playing well in those would be more than enough to boost his stock. Based on most expert rankings the 2024 draft is a little weak with prospects compared to the 2023 so his stock likely to increase by default just by coming back for one more year.

Yes which will make it harder for him to maximize his stat line. Not only will it be more difficult for him to score but he also won't be the guy the offense runs through, he'd have to fit in to whatever his new team is doing because there will be plenty of other talent around him as well. NDSU typically gets a few P5 schools on their schedule, playing well in those would be more than enough to boost his stock. Based on most expert rankings the 2024 draft is a little weak with prospects compared to the 2023 so his stock likely to increase by default just by coming back for one more year.
    Thank you for this post. Wow, it's like the yahoos like chapo, et al want him out of here for some stupid reason. They want Richman and his teams to struggle. For those folks, I say Jamestown Hospital has some padded rooms for you.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Thank you for this post. Wow, it's like the yahoos like chapo, et al want him out of here for some stupid reason. They want Richman and his teams to struggle. For those folks, I say Jamestown Hospital has some padded rooms for you.
    huh? this is a Grant Nelson thread not a ndsu basketball thread.

Grant Nelson could blow out his knee 1st game vs Northland Community College and then what?

Gotta get the money while you can is my only point and if the scouts only concern is his competition level then he cant stay its pretty simple.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes which will make it harder for him to maximize his stat line. Not only will it be more difficult for him to score but he also won't be the guy the offense runs through, he'd have to fit in to whatever his new team is doing because there will be plenty of other talent around him as well.
    So what your saying is he'd be able to better show how he'd actually fit into an NBA rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

Grant Nelson could blow out his knee 1st game vs Northland Community College and then what?

Gotta get the money while you can is my only point and if the scouts only concern is his competition level then he cant stay its pretty simple.
    You can get insurance for that

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

He could blow out his knee playing Creighton too
    College of Business Alumnus

Asked about his future plans, Nelson said: "It's still uncertain what will happen. Hopefully I'm able to get with an agency this summer and get drafted. That's my main goal. But if that doesn't work out, I'm still unsure of what's to come."

I agree with most NBA scouts, once Grant is in these G League Invites & Pre Draft combines, he is gonna look very impressive.

I predict 1st round draft pick #30 or #32 by Phoenix/Golden State/Brooklyn a team with a late round draft pick that wants a Unicorn!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?