Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Nelson NBA Draft??

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Grant Nelson NBA Draft??

my two cents....

G League Elite Invite should come----He NEEDS to play and SHOOT well----The G League Elite 5 on 5 is where he could stand out---

To earn a NBA Draft Combine invite would be good, but top 20 PROJECTIONS don't play in 5 on 5 in that combine so playing well in that not sure benefits him a lot

More NBA teams will want to setup private workouts-----which will be VERY IMPORTANT----for Grant to increase his draft stock----

I may be biased---BUT I've looked at a lot of Mock NBA drafts and from picks 15-30 lot of guards and wings that are not great 3 point shooters----if I'm picking between a 6'4-6'7 wing player who are not great 3 point shooters or a 6'11 player who is not a great 3 point shooter now----I'd gamble on the 6'11 guy

NBA drafts NOT ON PRODUCTION in college or G League but instead on POTENTIAL in the NBA

*** Sure I think Grant might benefit more from staying another year in school at NDSU or another school---get some NIL money (remember I was told Scheirman was paid $500,000 to go to Creighton)---graduate-----

but if you can get DRAFTED in the 1st ROUND in the NBA----you gone!!! 2nd round in NBA DRAFT is a lot trickier since only about 20% of those players have a career longer than 2-3 years in the league---if that---since contracts are not guaranteed
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/11/...%20%2440%2C500.
    sure a team now in 2nd round could assign you to the GLeague and play there---average salary in GLeague is $40,000 (their salaries are same for everyone) you could earn more if get a Exhibit 10 contract that pays bonuses up to $50,000; the best contract if not a 1st rounder is the two way contract which pays flat salary of $508,891--even though they could play all year in GLeague. Of course could get drafted in 1st round, and be assigned to GLeague since team wants you to get playing time rather than sit at end of the bench---but 1st round contracts are GUARANTEED
    https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/in...kie_scale/2024

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If he's not going to get pretty much a 1st round lock grade out of the pre-draft process I think it makes most sense to come back for one more year. I've ready multiple places that next years draft class is not supposed to be as strong as this one so if he can continue to prove his game and have another excellent season and then the rest of the prospects in the class are less talented next year he could fly up the board for way more guaranteed money. A lot rides on his performance in the Elite camp, Abmas and Sheierman did not perform well enough to get a combine invite. If 1st round is even on the table he has to get that combine invite so it'll all depend on how he interviews and performs in the G League Elite.

Good article by McFeely on the NBA Draft process and what lies ahead for Grant Nelson

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...nter-new-world

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    my two cents....

G League Elite Invite should come----He NEEDS to play and SHOOT well----The G League Elite 5 on 5 is where he could stand out---

To earn a NBA Draft Combine invite would be good, but top 20 PROJECTIONS don't play in 5 on 5 in that combine so playing well in that not sure benefits him a lot

More NBA teams will want to setup private workouts-----which will be VERY IMPORTANT----for Grant to increase his draft stock----

I may be biased---BUT I've looked at a lot of Mock NBA drafts and from picks 15-30 lot of guards and wings that are not great 3 point shooters----if I'm picking between a 6'4-6'7 wing player who are not great 3 point shooters or a 6'11 player who is not a great 3 point shooter now----I'd gamble on the 6'11 guy

NBA drafts NOT ON PRODUCTION in college or G League but instead on POTENTIAL in the NBA

*** Sure I think Grant might benefit more from staying another year in school at NDSU or another school---get some NIL money (remember I was told Scheirman was paid $500,000 to go to Creighton)---graduate-----

but if you can get DRAFTED in the 1st ROUND in the NBA----you gone!!! 2nd round in NBA DRAFT is a lot trickier since only about 20% of those players have a career longer than 2-3 years in the league---if that---since contracts are not guaranteed
    https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/11/...%20%2440%2C500.
    sure a team now in 2nd round could assign you to the GLeague and play there---average salary in GLeague is $40,000 (their salaries are same for everyone) you could earn more if get a Exhibit 10 contract that pays bonuses up to $50,000; the best contract if not a 1st rounder is the two way contract which pays flat salary of $508,891--even though they could play all year in GLeague. Of course could get drafted in 1st round, and be assigned to GLeague since team wants you to get playing time rather than sit at end of the bench---but 1st round contracts are GUARANTEED
    https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/in...kie_scale/2024
    Exactly. NBA is about potential. 6'11 guards with handles are more common now days but still hard to come by. He also doesnt need to transfer to prove himself if he stays. However, a big NIL offer would have to be considered.

He has a ton to work on and improve IMO. I think the agents and scouts will tell him he needs to play against better competition to make those adjustments to have a better shot at being drafted in 2024. My guess is he transfers to a P5 program next season.

McFeely update on Grant Nelson + the NBA

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...l-grant-nelson

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    McFeely update on Grant Nelson + the NBA

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...l-grant-nelson
    LOL zero inside scoop as usual for mcfooly what an idiot.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    No but he did do a nice job of explaining the process for people who are not familiar
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    And everyone knows you don’t have a subscription,
    where’s that fishing emoji?

Do you think he has a shot in the NBA given the level of competition in our conference?
    It's OK to not be OK.