Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Nelson NBA Draft??

Default Re: Grant Nelson NBA Draft??

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    This is a bad take on the Yoder/Dez comparison, Dez is a 10 times better PG than Yoder could ever hope to be. No he hadn't been a great shooter so far in his career but he could get to the rim. And no he didn't play a ton but that's because Greisel was running the point and playing 35 mpg. Yoder shot 40% from 3 in JuCo and couldn't make a 3 to save his life this season and couldn't guard ANYBODY, Dez is an elite on ball defender and a good ball handler, he would've helped us a ton in those 2 aspects early in the year especially. That being said DWT is definitely a better all around player than Dez, excited to see his trajectory over the next few years.
    I didn't say Yoder was a better defender or a better PG. I would have liked to have Dez running the point early on too, and maybe he could have provided some stability but I'm simply pointing out Dez wasn't going to be the difference maker some people thought he'd be.

I used the stat comparison to give some perspective on how similar their shooting deficiencies are.

Dave got some guards that I'm excited about and Dez has been passed by. Nothing against Dez.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Yeah I agree, this whole team returns plus Dez & Feddersen coming off redshirt. The young guys with a full year and offseason of experience should really improve. Grant could lead this team to 25 wins, a Summit League championship and make a run in the tourney and boost his draft stock big time. It's not all about the money for some, Abmas stuck around when he easily could've left and look what he's done. NDSU wanted Grant when few others cared or even knew who he was, that means something I'd like to think.
    Abamas made the right choice. His stock probably would have been lower with a transfer. He's the stick that stirs the drink. Dudes a legend in Tulsa.

Next year if Grant leads us to the dance, wins a game or 2 with a great supporting cast, and wins POY he will not only be a legend and he will be a 1st round pick. If he goes to a P5 school, he has to learn a brand new offense and will be surrounded by future NBA guys, all trying to put up stats

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Abamas made the right choice. His stock probably would have been lower with a transfer. He's the stick that stirs the drink. Dudes a legend in Tulsa.

Next year if Grant leads us to the dance, wins a game or 2 with a great supporting cast, and wins POY he will not only be a legend and he will be a 1st round pick. If he goes to a P5 school, he has to learn a brand new offense and will be surrounded by future NBA guys, all trying to put up stats
    LOL yea Grant in a fast paced style Power 5 offense wouldn't put up more points.. cmon man.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    LOL yea Grant in a fast paced style Power 5 offense wouldn't put up more points.. cmon man.
    A) NBA scouts don't give a shit about points, scoring 20ppg or 25ppg doesn't matter as long as he proves he can score at all levels.

B) Even if they did it's highly unlikely he averages more at a P5 than he would at NDSU next year anyway. He'll still be the man here, will have more experience around him and will continue to improve his game. He's averaging 22 points and 11 rebs in his last 8 which would probably be what he could average for the season next year and that'd be top 10 in the country this year in both categories, only one player in the whole country averages more than 23.3ppg. He now has 7 straight double doubles and he plays 35ish mpg. At a P5 the offense may be faster paced but he'll be playing with all new faces, he'll have way more difficult matchups and significantly better team defenses coming at him and would probably play 5 minutes less a night because there's other guys they want to work in.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I compare him to Mike Daum, who had hype, but Grant hasnt peaked yet and has more upside. But you have to develop that skill during the offseason and go out with a bang next year where hype will be next level
    Daum was a trodding ape on the court. Never saw why anyone thought he was an NBA player. FWIW I would be very pleasantly shocked if Grant ever got drafted in either round the NBA draft.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Daum was a trodding ape on the court. Never saw why anyone thought he was an NBA player. FWIW I would be very pleasantly shocked if Grant ever got drafted in either round the NBA draft.
    Daum could score but he couldn't defend his own shadow. Dex schooled him every time we played, him not being able to defend is why he had no shot at the NBA.

GRANT 20 20!!

20 pts 22 rebs in front of 3 NBA SCOUTS.. MAKE THAT MONEY UNICORN!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

GRANT 20 20!!

That makes me happy and all that but.... I don't know if they're always this bad but that bunny team was terrible on the boards. Most of GN's rebounds were uncontested. (Admittedly, I know nothing about the round ball game.)
    Insert something clever here...

I don't see a scenario in which he comes back next year. I wouldn't if I were him.
    Even if he doesn't get drafted or signed onto a team in the NBA, he can make 500k in Europe. At least that, probably more.
    Worst case, he plays in the G league and develops for a year.

Why risk injury or something next year at NDSU when you can just make a boatload of money instead. (or at least be playing against better competition in the G League at worst)

GRANT 20 20!!

Summit League had 18 credentialed scouts (including Cavs GM) for the Sat game. Unsure how many stuck around for his masterpiece last night.