Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Nelson NBA Draft??

Default Re: Grant Nelson NBA Draft??

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    Me either...just observation from being a casual fan.
    Trey Lance & Cole Peyton was a direct result of Carson Wentz, but since those 2 our QB recruiting has been a D+ at best.

Grant would help for sure, but our coach hasn't proven he can recruit big time kids without them being home grown *grant/boden had 0 offers* and Tajavis Miller had a family connection.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    You missed a couple things
    Dave richman also wrecked dez McKinneys knee on purpose so he wouldn’t have a experienced pg
    And if you think the 3 qbs and the other players we have put In The nfl didn’t change which living rooms the coaches get to sit in your flat out delusional
    A kid playing in the nba would be a nice recruiting tool dont fool yourself
    I didn't miss on anything?

What do you think our record would be if McKinney was healthy? Yes he would have provided some stability, but there was no guarantee we would be seeing anything different than we are now. Dez averaged 10 minutes a game last year, less minutes a game than he did as a freshman.

Yes, I know putting players in the NBA and NFL is used in recruiting. Go check out our football page. People on this board have steadily complained that our recruiting has declined. Yes, I know that it has gotten us into living rooms. Yes it gets us exposed to areas we don't normally have exposure. Who have we landed because of our NFL players? The number of stars on our recruits aren't changing. Maybe it is the deciding factor between us and another school.

I just stated my opinion. We had a lot of experience and points graduate or transfer off of last year's roster. We have one of the best basketball players in mid-major basketball and we are 12-16. I feel like with more consistent guard play alongside Grant would have been something special.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    I didn't miss on anything?

What do you think our record would be if McKinney was healthy? Yes he would have provided some stability, but there was no guarantee we would be seeing anything different than we are now. Dez averaged 10 minutes a game last year, less minutes a game than he did as a freshman.

Yes, I know putting players in the NBA and NFL is used in recruiting. Go check out our football page. People on this board have steadily complained that our recruiting has declined. Yes, I know that it has gotten us into living rooms. Yes it gets us exposed to areas we don't normally have exposure. Who have we landed because of our NFL players? The number of stars on our recruits aren't changing. Maybe it is the deciding factor between us and another school.

I just stated my opinion. We had a lot of experience and points graduate or transfer off of last year's roster. We have one of the best basketball players in mid-major basketball and we are 12-16. I feel like with more consistent guard play alongside Grant would have been something special.
    Agreed.

Dez is a career 35% FG shooter and 20% from 3 land and his assist to turnover ratio isn't great (60 TO/47 asst).

Yoder has almost the exact same shooting stats and a better asst/to ratio this year. Also, Yoder averaged more points this year than Dez did over 2 years.

Dez wasn't going to be the difference maker this year. Also, reasons I think he leaves and could open a scholarship on the roster.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Trey Lance & Cole Peyton was a direct result of Carson Wentz, but since those 2 our QB recruiting has been a D+ at best.

Grant would help for sure, but our coach hasn't proven he can recruit big time kids without them being home grown *grant/boden had 0 offers* and Tajavis Miller had a family connection.
    Pretty sure Stick and Peyton are both from Omaha, so I’m guessing he had more to do with that than Wentz.

Also, I was assured that wE sHoUlDn’T rEcRuIt In SmAlL tOwNs because iTs NoT pOsSiBlE tO FiNd TaLeNt ThErE…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Pretty sure Stick and Peyton are both from Omaha, so I’m guessing he had more to do with that than Wentz.

Also, I was assured that wE sHoUlDn’T rEcRuIt In SmAlL tOwNs because iTs NoT pOsSiBlE tO FiNd TaLeNt ThErE…
    Touche Heffray!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Easton Stick was better than Carson Wentz.

I said it.

I will fight to the death over this topic mtoutfotter style.

Just PM the place if you disagree.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

I said it.

Stick is the GOAT. No argument here.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I said it.

Just make sure you let us know the location...could be good for tailgating.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I said it.

First off......this is a BASKETBALL PAGE

Second off.....you are wrong--ask opposing coaches or NFL scouts

Third-----don't give me stats cuz its 3 1/2 years to 1 1/2 year playing sample

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    First off......this is a BASKETBALL PAGE

Second off.....you are wrong--ask opposing coaches or NFL scouts

Third-----don't give me stats cuz its 3 1/2 years to 1 1/2 year playing sample
    PM him locales bro