Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Nelson NBA Draft??

Default Re: Grant Nelson NBA Draft??

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    I didn’t think you watched them anymore since you can’t stand Dave Richman
    only went to 2 games so far this year! which is incredibly sad.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Pretty great article on Grant in The Athletic today.

https://theathletic.com/4206199/2023...shared_article

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Yeah, what I hope for is that he stays, gets drafted, and then other kids start seeing NDSUMBB differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    That would be a great outcome, but also shouldn’t we be winning more?
    I hope this is a shot at Richman, not Grant...

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    100%. I’m not a Richman hater, and I’m not a BB guy so I’ll defer to more expert opinions, but having a kid with NBA interest on our squad seems like a once in a generation kind of thing and it feels like we should be dominating the Summit league with a guy like that on the floor. But what do I know…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not taking shots at anyone. Not everything that is written/said needs to be looked at that way. I only made a simple comment - I thought a positive one - that having potential NBA talent can improve the NDSU MBB profile to recruits. It's the same logic that I've used with 3 NDSU quarterbacks on NFL rosters - no more or less.
    Insert something clever here...

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

100%. I’m not a Richman hater, and I’m not a BB guy so I’ll defer to more expert opinions, but having a kid with NBA interest on our squad seems like a once in a generation kind of thing and it feels like we should be dominating the Summit league with a guy like that on the floor. But what do I know…
    I think to have one superstar and dominate, it almost has to be a big combo guard. Perimeter play, moving the ball up the court and getting it to your star is key. The PG position has been an issue for a couple of years without a steady player.

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    I think to have one superstar and dominate, it almost has to be a big combo guard. Perimeter play, moving the ball up the court and getting it to your star is key. The PG position has been an issue for a couple of years without a steady player.
    Maybe you’re right - I’m not the guy to ask.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yeah, what I hope for is that he stays, gets drafted, and then other kids start seeing NDSUMBB differently.
    I'm not taking shots at anyone. Not everything that is written/said needs to be looked at that way. I only made a simple comment - I thought a positive one - that having potential NBA talent can improve the NDSU MBB profile to recruits. It's the same logic that I've used with 3 NDSU quarterbacks on NFL rosters - no more or less.
    Has 3 NFL quarterbacks changed our football recruiting profile? It got us in the top 2 for Keinholz out of Pierre, who ended up choosing Washingon, only later to end up at Ohio St. Other then that we have the same recruiting blue print.

I just feel like Richman missed the boat. Grant is a generational talent for NDSU. He needed to surround him with experienced guard play. Eady and Griesal would have helped, but truthfully they should of graduated and would have been done. Covid gave them the extra year to use and they transferred. He needed to go out and replace experienced guards with experienced guards.

Surrounding him with five guards that have never stepped on a division 1 floor. 3 freshman guards, a JUCO sophomore, and a D3 transfer that doesn't belong. I like the freshman pieces in Miller and Wheeler, but they are a year away from being ready. By then Grant will be gone.

Has 3 NFL quarterbacks changed our football recruiting profile? It got us in the top 2 for Keinholz out of Pierre, who ended up choosing Washingon, only later to end up at Ohio St. Other then that we have the same recruiting blue print.

I just feel like Richman missed the boat. Grant is a generational talent for NDSU. He needed to surround him with experienced guard play. Eady and Griesal would have helped, but truthfully they should of graduated and would have been done. Covid gave them the extra year to use and they transferred. He needed to go out and replace experienced guards with experienced guards.

Surrounding him with five guards that have never stepped on a division 1 floor. 3 freshman guards, a JUCO sophomore, and a D3 transfer that doesn't belong. I like the freshman pieces in Miller and Wheeler, but they are a year away from being ready. By then Grant will be gone.
    You missed a couple things
    Dave richman also wrecked dez McKinneys knee on purpose so he wouldn’t have a experienced pg
    And if you think the 3 qbs and the other players we have put In The nfl didn’t change which living rooms the coaches get to sit in your flat out delusional
    A kid playing in the nba would be a nice recruiting tool dont fool yourself
    TRUST THE PROCESS

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe you’re right - I’m not the guy to ask.
    Me either...just observation from being a casual fan.