Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Nelson NBA Draft??

Default Re: Grant Nelson NBA Draft??

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The success of Nelson, Knecht, Jones (Purdue) is only going to increase the number of players at smaller mid majors to get to transfer to bigger schools. Seems much more impactful in basketball compared to football.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Especially when several of the blue blood programs are full of young guys. Seems like it helps to have some proven old guys on the team
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The success of Nelson, Knecht, Jones (Purdue) is only going to increase the number of players at smaller mid majors to get to transfer to bigger schools. Seems much more impactful in basketball compared to football.

I'd be interested to see that stats on the number of players on NCAA tournament teams who are transfers. I bet the percentage is very high - if I had to guess I'd think around 60%. In Utah State's first round win they didn't have a single player that scored who was on their roster last year. Some guys are on their 3rd and 4th teams. It's not just mid-major players transferring either, there's plenty of high major transfers.

It's the way the game of college basketball is these days. Either embrace it, ignore it, or spend your entertainment time/money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Not in the tourney, my friend.
    It’s three games. If you watched Caitlin Clark play the big 10 tournament and only the big 10 tournament this year you wouldn’t have been impressed either.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'd be interested to see that stats on the number of players on NCAA tournament teams who are transfers. I bet the percentage is very high - if I had to guess I'd think around 60%. In Utah State's first round win they didn't have a single player that scored who was on their roster last year. Some guys are on their 3rd and 4th teams. It's not just mid-major players transferring either, there's plenty of high major transfers.

It's the way the game of college basketball is these days. Either embrace it, ignore it, or spend your entertainment time/money elsewhere.
    Probably pretty high but it would represent the number of players on all teams that are now transfers. Basketball may be a much higher percentage than football. They already had the one and done issue so turnover of basketball teams was already common.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Going to the Final 4! Pretty awesome. How many other ND born players have gone to the final 4? Incan only think of is Jeff Boschee in 2002.
    Jason Anderson from Valley City might have made it with LSU. Coaches from ND that I can think of are Lute Olson, Dale Brown and Jud Heathcote.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Jason Anderson from Valley City might have made it with LSU. Coaches from ND that I can think of are Lute Olson, Dale Brown and Jud Heathcote.
    Had to look him up. I went to high school with a pretty good player by the name of Jason Anderson, and he was at LSU in the early 90s but didn't play basketball there. There was a Justin Anderson from Valley City who played at UC Irvine before transferring to LSU for 1990-92 seasons. They lost in the first round in 91 and second round in 92 despite having Shaq.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Re: Prof Chaos post above… Elite 8 teams… “Every Elite 8 team's starting lineup by where they began playing in College”

https://x.com/ncaabuzzerbters/status...9x2nhINMpOtW8A

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    What if I told you that, as a team, NDSU shot a higher percentage from behind the 3pt line than Alabama did this year....
    And I would believe you with the caveat that, from game stats through March 15th mind you, Alabama has attempted 302 more 3 pt. shots than NDSU (969 to NDSU's 667). So, I think we'll both agree that Alabama has better behind the arc shooters than NDSU. Game stats from March 15 to the present I could not find.

Oh, and one more thing since we're talking 3 pt shooting per cents; NDSU shot 37.78% from beyond the arc; Alabama has shot 36.57 % and the Tide attempted 302 more 3 pt shots, a slightly more than a 1 % better percentage for NDSU. Not to argue, but I'll take Alabama's shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Oh, and one more thing since we're talking 3 pt shooting per cents; NDSU shot 37.78% from beyond the arc; Alabama has shot 36.57 % and the Tide attempted 302 more 3 pt shots, a slightly more than a 1 % better percentage for NDSU. Not to argue, but I'll take Alabama's shooters.
    I would as well but 3 point shooting hasn't been an issue for NDSU in recent years. Lack of defense, especially in the frontcourt, was their main issue this year IMO and centering your recruiting strategy around getting 3 point shooters doesn't solve that.