Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Nelson NBA Draft??

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Grant Nelson NBA Draft??

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    On the flip side of what you and I think, there is a small possibility that college athletics gains more viewers/attendance as they become more professionalized.
    I'm very pessimistic that it ever plays out that way.

Grant is getting the best possible outcome from his transfer. Got on a team that is in the final 4 and getting lots of exposure.

Good for him - doubt he thought Alabama would be in the final 4 when he made his decision, but it worked out amazing for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Grant is getting the best possible outcome from his transfer. Got on a team that is in the final 4 and getting lots of exposure.

Good for him - doubt he thought Alabama would be in the final 4 when he made his decision, but it worked out amazing for him.
    It's bitter sweet for me. I'm happy for him but sad our team sucks because of it and can't beat St Thomas. Mid Major basketball will never be the same

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It's bitter sweet for me. I'm happy for him but sad our team sucks because of it and can't beat St Thomas. Mid Major basketball will never be the same
    They sucked with him!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

I think our team sucked for bigger reasons than Grant leaving.

BTW, I agree with some of your points regarding losing interest in college sports.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

I'm happy for Grant, mad we are still stuck with the clown Richman.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

The difference between me and you is you dont supprt small NDSU because we want to awpard merit based scholarships to walk ons based on academics

I dont want to support the NCAA Tournament because it's a pro league of poached players

Viewership will drop. The whole appeal of it is to see a team like Oral Roberts or Loyola make a deep run. That will be history. They will survive but see declining ratings

That's soon to be gone because the power 5 just poach their best players.

Not entertaining at all
    Checks bracket… notes an 11 seed in the final 4.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    That 11 seed is a P6 team that struggled late (lost 7 of last 9) but then got hot at the right time. And got a couple breaks in the tournament.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    That 11 seed is a P6 team that struggled late (lost 7 of last 9) but then got hot at the right time. And got a couple breaks in the tournament.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Wouldn’t have gotten a big without wining the conference but they’re not a cinderella?

First final 4 since Jimmy V and they’re not a Cinderella?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    40 percent of starters were poached from smaller schools correct? Which I believe, was his original point.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!