Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to AAC prepare theyself.

Default Re: NDSU to AAC prepare theyself.

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    First they would probably want 2 schools to pair up for travel. Second would they really want to bring in teams that would be more than just competitive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe something has changed, but prior to UMass the whole school was bus trips. The Dakotas would be a flight for everyone in the conference.

I just don’t see it. Doesn’t mean I’m not wrong. The MSP market gets forgotten for the XDSUs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

If they allow football-only affiliate members and we stay in the summit league for all other sports there would be no need for a travel partner.

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    First they would probably want 2 schools to pair up for travel. Second would they really want to bring in teams that would be more than just competitive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's OK to not be OK.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    If they allow football-only affiliate members and we stay in the summit league for all other sports there would be no need for a travel partner.
    I think you should take a look at the MAC's history with FB only affiliates. That's not a series of mistakes they're going to make again. The xDSUs would be a good culture fit to the MAC, if a little small and out of the way.

NI4NI is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I think you should take a look at the MAC's history with FB only affiliates. That's not a series of mistakes they're going to make again. The xDSUs would be a good culture fit to the MAC, if a little small and out of the way.
    And for the most part, they can both be competitive in far more than just football.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    UMass was previously one of those mistakes. UMass had to give up A10 basketball to rejoin.

Pretty sure they won't touch FB only, it will be all or nothing membership if offered.

Just saw a tweet from Sam Herder @ HERO Sports that Missouri State has accepted an invite to join Conference USA as a full member, effective July 2025. Is that something that is possibly holding back our exodus to the FBS...we'd prefer to be a football-only member, while keeping other sports in the Summit, and these G5 conferences are wanting a full affiliate?

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    Just saw a tweet from Sam Herder @ HERO Sports that Missouri State has accepted an invite to join Conference USA as a full member, effective July 2025. Is that something that is possibly holding back our exodus to the FBS...we'd prefer to be a football-only member, while keeping other sports in the Summit, and these G5 conferences are wanting a full affiliate?
    Yes. Football-only is a pipe dream.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    Missouri St has markets, size, and location. We need an opening in either MWC or MAC. The other 3 (AAC,SBC,CUSA) are pipe dreams for some of our fans. G5 are very focused on location.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Missouri St has markets, size, and location.
    And that last one is hard to overcome.

I still say build it yourself (and thus location becomes of no consequence).

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    And that last one is hard to overcome.

I still say build it yourself (and thus location becomes of no consequence).
    Just take the top tier schools from the MVFC and Big Sky and make their own conference.

NDSU
    SDSU
    USD
    Mont St
    Mont
    Sac St
    Idaho
    Weber St

That conference would compete with all the G5 schools day 1.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.