Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to AAC prepare theyself.

Default Re: NDSU to AAC prepare theyself.

agreed SnowGoose.

MWC is still in play with this PAC 2 nonsense, if NDSU somehow gets into that, Choice #1
    AAC still will have movement Choice #2

^^^both of those gives NDSU a LEGIT chance of reaching the CFP 12 team playoff via the G5 Conference Clause.

CUSA needs 1 team to even out 12. meh. nah
    MAC could lose Buffalo & pick up NDSU nah tues/wed games suck
    SunBelt too far southeast.

BIG 12 ?????????????????????????????????????
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I do think it's sort of silly that if you ask anybody that knows FCS football, ADs, Commissioners, media they would say it obvious NDSU wants to go FBS but yet it's still considered best practice to not publicly say anything because you don't want to ruffle feathers in your own conference. So if all other ADs know it but NDSU doesn't say anything it's fine but if NDSU were to say something all of a sudden the conference would hate them?

All the posturing is rather dumb, imo.

I'm not saying I don't understand WHY but the why is the dumb part.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I do think it's sort of silly that if you ask anybody that knows FCS football, ADs, Commissioners, media they would say it obvious NDSU wants to go FBS but yet it's still considered best practice to not publicly say anything because you don't want to ruffle feathers in your own conference. So if all other ADs know it but NDSU doesn't say anything it's fine but if NDSU were to say something all of a sudden the conference would hate them?

All the posturing is rather dumb, imo.

I'm not saying I don't understand WHY but the why is the dumb part.
    Good points, Tailgate. One need only to look at the situation that confronted Jamestown U. Once their intentions of leaving the GPAC were made public, the conference booted their ass. Then again, UJ had an out, the North Star Conference welcomed them back with hugs and kisses, for a year anyway.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    agreed SnowGoose.

MWC is still in play with this PAC 2 nonsense, if NDSU somehow gets into that, Choice #1

^^^both of those gives NDSU a LEGIT chance of reaching the CFP 12 team playoff via the G5 Conference Clause.

OMG, a Chapo post I actually agree with.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    OMG, a Chapo post I actually agree with.
    I will humbly disagree. If you want FBS, you will need to start where you can start... if it is the MAC, so be it. Plenty of teams have moved on once they have gotten started in an FBS conference. UCF is a great example, and everyone's favorite JMU is handling themselves the same way...get to the party, play your asses off, then leave with a date that is better looking than the one you brought.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    agreed SnowGoose.

Pretty amusing that you demand FBS but then only on your terms lol
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    I will humbly disagree. If you want FBS, you will need to start where you can start... if it is the MAC, so be it. Plenty of teams have moved on once they have gotten started in an FBS conference. UCF is a great example, and everyone's favorite JMU is handling themselves the same way...get to the party, play your asses off, then leave with a date that is better looking than the one you brought.
    Actually JMU is a counter example. They turned down CUSA a number of years back when ODU joined that conference. They joined one of the top 3 G5 conferences in SBC, though the ranking among those 3 can be debated.

I'd take MAC grudgingly. CUSA isn't really even on the table for us, they want to stay in the footprint.

lakes lets just go camp outside the big 12 offices in irving we'll bring lawn chairs, booze and some signs. We stay until they let us in for a pitch.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Pretty amusing that you demand FBS but then only on your terms lol
    Ironic, really. In my opinion this mindset is why NDSU is still FCS. If we're waiting for a MWC or AAC invitation in order to move, than we are going to be waiting a very long while. Which is in direct contradiction to what Chapo espouses.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Ironic, really. In my opinion this mindset is why NDSU is still FCS. If we're waiting for a MWC or AAC invitation in order to move, than we are going to be waiting a very long while. Which is in direct contradiction to what Chapo espouses.
    The reality some don't want to admit is that for the G5 conferences, location is a huge factor.
    Don't have to like that (I don't), but its a fact.

If MWC is ever looking to add a FCS team, we will have a chance. We might also be able to join MAC.
    Those are the options. Anything else is mostly a pipe dream.

AAC and SBC both very publicly said no thanks to OSU and WSU, due to location.
    It matters to G5 conferences and budgets.