Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to AAC prepare theyself.

Default Re: NDSU to AAC prepare theyself.

Quote Originally Posted by EP NDSU Fan View Post
    Not sure I would agree with minor inconveniences, FD is basically Target Center for football. View lines and usefulness of the structure are fine but updates to vanquish the early 90s are needed. This isn’t really a NDSU football issue, FD is the major regional venue and should be renovated. The real unfortunate part of putting the renovation out this long is we have real interest rates to deal with, but it might be a public development opportunity if we hit a recession and construction labor need a bump. I haven’t lived in State for years but does the city have gambling options as a funding source? I’m shocked how fast the Vikings were able to payoff US Bank with Epulltabs.
    Yep. The Target Center is basically the same age as the dome and its already had 2 major rennovations. Even the Alerus Center is already working on adding a giant aquatics center and indoor sports facility to the existing building. https://www.valleynewslive.com/2023/...e-grand-forks/
    Details forthcoming. (Thats going to fuck their already miserable parking, but thats another story) Meanwhile we've added the west side addition since 1993 and that's it. If the dome doesnt get rolling, its going to fall further behind.

Its a solid building but the lack of suites will cap any future revenue. The lack of concourse space, restrooms, wifi, and better concessions need to be addressed. We need to get the ball rolling. Dave Piepkorn said back in August an announcement is coming. 5 months later https://kfgo.com/2022/08/24/city-com...a-great-thing/
    Last edited by HerdBot; 01-13-2023 at 01:06 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    As someone else said, most college football stadiums have mostly bench seats. I've been in Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, IU, Purdue, Arizona State. All mostly bench. The Michigan stadium claims to have a capacity of 108k. I contend you can't SEAT 108k. The game I attended, we stood sideways the entire game. If we were asked to turn and sit, there would not have been room.

I have no idea how many extra people you squeeze in if you put bench seats in the end zone and upper level sidelines, but I bet it's a significant number. That may not be good for concert goers, but all those stadiums I mentioned do occasionally hold concerts.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    When Iowa reseated they lost seating because they made the seats on the bench seating bigger because if you came late to the game you couldnt find a place to sit.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    I need something to HAPPEN

I'm bored with the MVFC and FCS---especially since great competition bailed to FBS

I thought our team this year was 2nd worst (spring worst) in last 11 years and STILLLLLLL we made the FCS title game

CMON NDSU----find some new competition that keeps CHALLENGING the PROGRAM to grow!!!

Which of the AAC teams will draw more Bison fans to Fargo than SDSU, UNI, even Illinois State? I don't see Bison fans getting all that excited about Charlotte, Florida Atlantic, UAB, Temple, USF, or Rice. Navy might be the only one to get a sellout.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Which of the AAC teams will draw more Bison fans to Fargo than SDSU, UNI, even Illinois State? I don't see Bison fans getting all that excited about Charlotte, Florida Atlantic, UAB, Temple, USF, or Rice. Navy might be the only one to get a sellout.
    Besides SDSU you would have a hard time finding an FCS team that I care about. If I’m in town I’ll go because I love SU, but beating UNI for the 18th time in a row or whatever it is at this point ain’t it anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Besides SDSU you would have a hard time finding an FCS team that I care about. If I’m in town I’ll go because I love SU, but beating UNI for the 18th time in a row or whatever it is at this point ain’t it anymore
    Fresh FBS Fish! Bring it to Fargo!

You forgot Tulane, just beat USC in the Cotton Bowl. Most of those teams are more interesting. But you're asking the wrong question. What excites Bison fans about Western Illinois, Indiana State, Murray State and Misery State?. Those are road games that have 1,000 fans. In the AAC it would qctually be a road crowd

The biggest draw is non conference games vs the likes of Georgia Southern, Appalachian State, Wyoming, Boise, JMU, etc

Also were actually going to lose more than 1 or 2 games a year, which ironically is a good thing because it makes games important and must win

The regular season conference championship winner hosts the AAC Championship Game on ABC, on a Saturday. Fans would love that

UNI, unfortunately doesnt excite Bison fans anymore. Havent won in Fargo since 2009 and most of the games are blow outs.

I think if NDSU goes, its a 2 for 1 with SDSU

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Also were actually going to lose more than 1 or 2 games a year, which ironically is a good thing because it makes games important and must win
    I have started to realize that a couple losses or three a year could actually be a good thing for the state of apathy in NDSU's fanbase. Going to games, even in the playoffs where 90% of your fans "know" you're going to win creates such a lack of excitement and atmosphere. Personally I think games being decided before they even start is the biggest reason for the drop off in attendance.

So when the argument is made "what will happen when NDSU goes FBS and has nothing to play for and start losing games ..." My thought is, good, maybe people would actually care to go cheer for a team like that.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    [/b]

Tailgating has fallen off in recent years. Since the whole west side is reserved, it would be smart to allow people to tailgate on the east side or the RP lot with beer. When did they stop selling GA tailgating on the west? People used to wait in line for them

I've seen people do it east because they couldnt get a spot on the west and they dont know anyone. Its so dumb because they are setting up and trying to hide a beer
    This is honestly why we stopped going. It became the haves vs the have nots, despite the fact we were there very early on in the small west lot when it was GA. I'll admit we could have had the pick of our spots over there when they expanded reserved, but at the time, it didn't seem like the right move. After that initial wave, I didn't have enough points to basically get a seat at the table, so to speak, despite having season tickets for ~20 years at the time. We got pushed out to the auxiliary lot by the softball fields. It was our oversight for not getting reserved right away, but it escalated so quickly and we liked the GA stuff.

I get that's how it goes, it just feels like the little guy is left out - and that doesn't mean my crew, we are aware of the options...the regular people that want to go to games just don't even know what they don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by EP NDSU Fan View Post
    Not sure I would agree with minor inconveniences, FD is basically Target Center for football. View lines and usefulness of the structure are fine but updates to vanquish the early 90s are needed. This isn’t really a NDSU football issue, FD is the major regional venue and should be renovated. The real unfortunate part of putting the renovation out this long is we have real interest rates to deal with, but it might be a public development opportunity if we hit a recession and construction labor need a bump. I haven’t lived in State for years but does the city have gambling options as a funding source? I’m shocked how fast the Vikings were able to payoff US Bank with Epulltabs.
    That epulltabs thing was a HUGE question mark at first - I actually had to look it up after you said something because I remember early returns were not good. Glad to see it turned around, but there shouldn't have been public money involved in that extortion anyway. But that's a conversation for another time.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    As someone else said, most college football stadiums have mostly bench seats. I've been in Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, IU, Purdue, Arizona State. All mostly bench. The Michigan stadium claims to have a capacity of 108k. I contend you can't SEAT 108k. The game I attended, we stood sideways the entire game. If we were asked to turn and sit, there would not have been room.

I have no idea how many extra people you squeeze in if you put bench seats in the end zone and upper level sidelines, but I bet it's a significant number. That may not be good for concert goers, but all those stadiums I mentioned do occasionally hold concerts.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Had a similar experience at Memorial in Lincoln. Your knees are in the back of the people in front of you and same for the people behind you. You CAN sit, but it's like everyone sits and stands as a group or you are in trouble lol

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I agree also about having tailgating allowed throughout the game. This could potentially attract new Bison fans, of which we do need. The new fans (or old fans, whatever) could get a taste of Bison fan life without tickets and might be able to be inspired enough to purchase tickets in the future. We need to constantly regenerate the fan base, bringing in a wide demographic, not just younger fans but anyone. Making the Bison Gameday experience more fun does not have to necessarily cost anything. What are other FCS or FBS fan bases doing in order to make their own Gameday experiences better. Those of you who travel for the Bison away-games might see some ideas. I hope the AD and others in charge of the FargoDome experience would be receptive to your ideas. NDSU has to meet the fans halfway. I see complacency in our fan base but I also see it is the Athletic department. Don't take the fans for granted!
    Exactly - it seems the powers that be really want NDSU football to be exclusive and not inclusive. Basically, if you have a ticket, you are part of the club, if not - we don't need your support. It's weird and honestly VERY North Dakota.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I have started to realize that a couple losses or three a year could actually be a good thing for the state of apathy in NDSU's fanbase. Going to games, even in the playoffs where 90% of your fans "know" you're going to win creates such a lack of excitement and atmosphere. Personally I think games being decided before they even start is the biggest reason for the drop off in attendance.

So when the argument is made "what will happen when NDSU goes FBS and has nothing to play for and start losing games ..." My thought is, good, maybe people would actually care to go cheer for a team like that.
    Yes. The 2019 year, with the "unknown" at QB(laughable now) made me far more excited for the season than watching Easton Stick just be better than everyone else. I had no idea we had someone as good(probably better, but *really* hard for me to put someone above Stick - one of the best college football players I've seen) waiting in the wings. I was like hey we might have some struggles and games will be close. 16-0 later lol but yeah, some adversity is fine - just not what we experienced in Frisco. That looks like we are falling, and not upwards.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

A tailgating area set aside so people can transition from tailgating to a controlled beer garden to watch the game would be pretty cool.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I couldve said something similar when moved from D2 to FCS---when went to Great West