Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to AAC prepare theyself.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU to AAC prepare theyself.

Chaos is a ladder...to the AAC???

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Nope. Football only invite and leave them in the dust.
    It works either way. It might be a bigger recruiting bonus for NDSU to be one of only three FBS programs in WI, MN, ND, and SD. Heck, the only reason I say "might" is that NDSU has been the best program in college football over the last 50-60 years by attracting players motivated by national championships rather than a label and a potential bowl game goodie bag.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    It works either way. It might be a bigger recruiting bonus for NDSU to be one of only three FBS programs in WI, MN, ND, and SD. Heck, the only reason I say "might" is that NDSU has been the best program in college football over the last 50-60 years by attracting players motivated by national championships rather than a label and a potential bowl game goodie bag.
    I get it! Playing for titles better than a bowl...but isn't the FCS watered down with competition mean anything???

I still HOPE that top FBS teams break away into own ---play for a title......less FBS teams and top FCS teams break away ---play for a title

NCAA dragging feet on expanding playoffs at FBS level thinking that BOWLS generate more $$$$ but I think playoff games with top teams competing would generate as much $$$

imagine FCS playoffs with 4 team playoff

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    SDSU isn't nearly as ready as NDSU for the FBS jump. Don't want our options limited by what little brother is willing to sign up for. I'm all in for an individual move with a football only invite to the AAC. Limits growth of other sports, MBB more importantly, but football is already in a different conference, so limit travel increases to all other sports and just move football up to the best FBS conference obtainable.

Only reason to pull anyone else along is if that's what it necessary to get the offer. For a football only invite I don't see how that would be required unless it's an issue of getting the AAC to a targeted number of teams and it takes an even number.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    I get it! Playing for titles better than a bowl...but isn't the FCS watered down with competition mean anything???
    I've been hearing about the FCS being watered down for years. Heck, when NDSU went FCS, UND fans were yapping about how NDSU was watering down the FCS.

The FBS is the subdivision that is getting really watered down. Heck, I can make a pretty convincing argument that the gap between the top of the FCS and 50% of the P5 has been closing. I mean, all those great programs like App State, Marshall, and Georgia Southern weren't beating P5 teams. Middle of the pack MVFC teams have been beating P5 teams in NDSU's time.

Now, there is something to be said to going to a relatively weak G5 conference because if you're going to have to play in a conference like the MVFC which is basically a G5 conference masquerading as an FCS conference, then why not play in a G5 conference masquerading as an FBS one instead?

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    @ChrisVannini
    If the Pac-12 were to expand and take SMU, you'd have to assume NDSU would be the best option for the AAC to remain at 14.
    LOL. It's absolutely hilarious that you copy and pasted that to make it look like a credible journalist sent that, not a "Catholic Priest, Licensed Lawyer, Tabletop RPG enthusiast, Sports nerd, Normal nerd" with 264 followers. Not that anyone takes any of your non-sense seriously, but that's pretty reliable "nugget" you found.
    https://twitter.com/Wilburino/status...63534942621704

Any move we make or do NOT make based upon what Brookings does or does NOT do...well, after Sunday the thought of it makes me want to wretch and vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Sorry to be a Wendell but can we combine this thread with the other FBS thread. If Chapo is allowed to make more new threads, we'll have 10 of them again in short order.

If everyone else thinks this is okay, I'll shut up.
    I agree... FBS talk is like Germany, on a fairly regular basis it tries to take over everything and you need to join together to put it back in it place.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

This x 1,000,000,000
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

We are solid in other sports but football we add value and a strong brand. Teams wont freak out by a trip every other year.

But we really need the dome to get started on these upgrades like yesterday. You want everything to be newer and nicer for perception. Club seating up top will be huge for revenue. Party decks add seating. More restrooms, wider concourse and vendors helps. So does the potential for adding a hotel on site to the dome

Another thing people dont think about that will be helpful is the plan to double the airports size

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com