Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to AAC prepare theyself.

Default Re: NDSU to AAC prepare theyself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    This. So much this. Remember when the Sunbelt was the laughing stock of G5 conferences until App St and GSU moved there? NDSU and SDSU needs to find someway some how to get a seat at the table. They'd run CUSA or the MAC day 1 and add a ton of cred to either of those conferences instantly. Wouldn't be shocked if they had a B12 invite after a few years wrecking shit along the way.
    this is the way..

and that inforum article is just another article where they take my info/words and run with it..
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    We have equal or better chances of getting added to SBC or AAC.
    Don't think any of those 3 are likely. They all have basically the same southeastern footprint.
    Disagree wholeheartedly. If SBC or AAC were in the market to add, Delaware would have been a perfect add for both. They are not adding. MAC isn't going to add and if they do they have options like Illinois State, Youngstown, WKU, MTSU. If any of those add they will pull from the CUSA before adding NDSU and then we would once again be in line to backfill CUSA. We aren't going to be allowed to skip a step in this process. It ain't happening. MWC is only an option if the PAC2 finds a way to raid them.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Absolutely spot on in that snippet from the article. We either need to play our entire hand for FBS football or stay FCS and embrace that Basketball centric model.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

At this point it feels like the FBS dream is never going to happen. If that's the case, it's time to start pouring resources into basketball. We should be able to keep football at a high FCS level while building up the basketball program. That said, I'm still not certain this fanbase would get too revved up about a midweek December bowl game after the first one or two.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    At this point it feels like the FBS dream is never going to happen. If that's the case, it's time to start pouring resources into basketball. We should be able to keep football at a high FCS level while building up the basketball program. That said, I'm still not certain this fanbase would get too revved up about a midweek December bowl game after the first one or two.
    Would they be as revved up as playing Drake in the playoffs?

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    After a couple years of low level bowl games? Yeah I think about that level of excitement. I'd LOVE to be wrong.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Change is hard in these parts, and if you resist it long enough, you might not have to worry about it …

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    The Thanksgiving Sat games always have low attendance, but the FCS quarters and semis(not just at NDSU) often have more actual butts in seats than a big chunk of the G5 bowl games. Don't forget they straight up lie about bowl attendance then make sure the tv camera doesn't pan across the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    After a couple years of low level bowl games? Yeah I think about that level of excitement. I'd LOVE to be wrong.
    And yet there are exactly 0 fans of FBS schools that want to drop down to FCS. Hmm
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Dude did you really post this?????
    Yes, because that's what they did. SMU brings nothing to the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.