Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to AAC prepare theyself.

Default Re: NDSU to AAC prepare theyself.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Uc Davis is an elite world class institution

Edit: even the USnew rankings, with their strong bias toward small and private schools, thinks it's a top 40 US University
    I get it they’re a great school but it’s been shown that at the G5 level that gets you next to nothing.

His point was that fans of UC Davis are vast majority alumni only and even those are probably Cal, UCLA or even Stanford or USC fans first.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Uc Davis is an elite world class institution

Edit: even the USnew rankings, with their strong bias toward small and private schools, thinks it's a top 40 US University
    Without question. But they havent been relevant in football for decades.

Tulane just beat USC in the Cotton Bowl and finished the season ranked 9th.

Thats incredible

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I get it they’re a great school but it’s been shown that at the G5 level that gets you next to nothing.

His point was that fans of UC Davis are vast majority alumni only and even those are probably Cal, UCLA or even Stanford or USC fans first.
    Move UC Davis up a league and that changes overnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm sure it bothers them Fresno State and San Jose State are FBS, and they aren't. In general, the UC schools are a higher tier than the CSU schools. And Davis is just below UC-Berkley and UC-Los Angeles (aka UCLA).

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

It didnt help them elevate that much when they moved up from D2

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

From the Chatbot (30 second conversation):

Me: Explain why or why not NDSU should move up to FBS

Bot: Whether North Dakota State University (NDSU) should move up to the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) depends on several factors such as financial and competitive considerations, as well as the potential benefits and drawbacks for the university and its athletic programs.
    On one hand, moving up to FBS could bring more exposure and prestige to the university, as well as increase revenue through television contracts, ticket sales, and sponsorships. On the other hand, moving up to FBS also comes with increased costs, including higher scholarships and facilities upgrades, which can put a strain on the athletic department's budget. Additionally, NDSU would likely face increased competition in the FBS, which could impact its overall success on the field.
    Ultimately, the decision to move up to FBS should be based on a thorough analysis of the potential benefits and drawbacks, and should take into account the university's overall goals and priorities.

Me: What would be the single most important factor in this decision

Bot: The single most important factor in the decision for North Dakota State University (NDSU) to move up to the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) would likely be the financial aspect. The move to FBS would require significant investments in scholarships, facilities, and staffing, and it is crucial to ensure that the athletic department has the financial resources to support these investments and maintain a competitive program. Additionally, the university would need to be confident that the revenue generated from increased ticket sales, television contracts, and sponsorships would be enough to offset the increased expenses. The financial aspect would also determine the feasibility of NDSU to maintain its athletic programs in the long term.
    While other factors such as competitiveness, exposure, and prestige are also important, the financial aspect would be the key driver in the decision to move up to FBS or not.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Stfu ai !!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Incorrect! NDSU could lose money on a media deal if we join some loser G5 conference. Your chatbot must destroy itself like the robot did who thought Captain Kirk was his creator.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    From the Chatbot (30 second conversation):

Me: Explain why or why not NDSU should move up to FBS

Bot: Whether North Dakota State University (NDSU) should move up to the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) depends on several factors such as financial and competitive considerations, as well as the potential benefits and drawbacks for the university and its athletic programs.
    On one hand, moving up to FBS could bring more exposure and prestige to the university, as well as increase revenue through television contracts, ticket sales, and sponsorships. On the other hand, moving up to FBS also comes with increased costs, including higher scholarships and facilities upgrades, which can put a strain on the athletic department's budget. Additionally, NDSU would likely face increased competition in the FBS, which could impact its overall success on the field.
    Ultimately, the decision to move up to FBS should be based on a thorough analysis of the potential benefits and drawbacks, and should take into account the university's overall goals and priorities.

Me: What would be the single most important factor in this decision

Bot: The single most important factor in the decision for North Dakota State University (NDSU) to move up to the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) would likely be the financial aspect. The move to FBS would require significant investments in scholarships, facilities, and staffing, and it is crucial to ensure that the athletic department has the financial resources to support these investments and maintain a competitive program. Additionally, the university would need to be confident that the revenue generated from increased ticket sales, television contracts, and sponsorships would be enough to offset the increased expenses. The financial aspect would also determine the feasibility of NDSU to maintain its athletic programs in the long term.
    While other factors such as competitiveness, exposure, and prestige are also important, the financial aspect would be the key driver in the decision to move up to FBS or not.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Incorrect! NDSU could lose money on a media deal if we join some loser G5 conference. Your chatbot must destroy itself like the robot did who thought Captain Kirk was his creator.
    Danger, Will Robinson.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I'm sure it bothers them Fresno State and San Jose State are FBS, and they aren't. In general, the UC schools are a higher tier than the CSU schools. And Davis is just below UC-Berkley and UC-Los Angeles (aka UCLA).
    Man, if I had to choose between UC Davis and Berkley, I'd choose Davis so fast that you'd have to slow down the video to see me sign my acceptance letter.