Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to AAC prepare theyself.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU to AAC prepare theyself.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    It is a bit crazy, for reasons beyond the conference being garbage.

1) they aren't going to ditch the eastern half of that conference.
    2) schools like SHSU can't even afford to fix their stadium yet and bring it up to FBS standards. They (and others) don't have funds to spare for additional travel. In the end, travel costs money, and G5 schools prefer less travel. We actually are in reasonable proximity to MWC given their current schools and existing travel, and would fit nicely into that conference.
    Except that we are likely 4 or 5 spots down the pecking order in preference for the MWC...maybe even more depending on who you ask. There are a few existing FBS schools out west that would like to be a part of the MWC and there are schools like Mont., Montana St., UC Davis that could all be in that mix as well before they even get to NDSU.

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gotts View Post
    Should I still be preparing theyself?
    I just wanted to follow up and let theyself know. Any updates?
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Another questions, no matter who CUSA adds to the West which of these three are going to be asked to play in the West division if that is their goal of getting to 12?

JSU
    WKU
    MTSU
    WKU/MTSU were existing members. Looking at a map makes it obvious KSU was a geography add.
    It doesn't hurt that KSU is located in Atlanta, and they can claim a major "market", even though it's the 5th tier school in that market.

Yes, it sucks, but the way conferences like CUSA evaluate things, Tarleton is a more logical add (for them).
    I actually think they may go to 14, and add SFA and UCA as well. Fills in the western side, gives them clean divisions.

https://x.com/ssn_cusa/status/172917...HQPKWSmnUDKjxg

WKU/MTSU were existing members. Looking at a map makes it obvious KSU was a geography add.
    It doesn't hurt that KSU is located in Atlanta, and they can claim a major "market", even though it's the 5th tier school in that market.

Yes, it sucks, but the way conferences like CUSA evaluate things, Tarleton is a more logical add (for them).

So which of those schools would be in the West Division?

At 12 the East West thing doesn’t add up. At 14 it would I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    At 12 the East West thing doesn’t add up. At 14 it would I guess.
    They'll add 3 western teams near texas to get to 14 is my prediction.
    Tarleton, SFA, UCA, or someone else similar nearby.

I actually think they may go to 14, and add SFA and UCA as well. Fills in the western side, gives them clean divisions.

So if they go to 14, why shouldn't NDSU push to be included in the West? Given the long shot of an invite from MWC/AAC it seems like the most short term attainable option. And if your planning on offering up some "tHe cOnFeReNcE iS gArBaGe" response than don't even bother. The only way our current situation is better is if, as I stated previously, we actually lean into the FCS model and put more resources into basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    So if they go to 14, why shouldn't NDSU push to be included in the West? Given the long shot of an invite from MWC/AAC it seems like the most short term attainable option. And if your planning on offering up some "tHe cOnFeReNcE iS gArBaGe" response than don't even bother. The only way our current situation is better is if, as I stated previously, we actually lean into the FCS model and put more resources into basketball.
    We have equal or better chances of getting added to SBC or AAC.
    Don't think any of those 3 are likely. They all have basically the same southeastern footprint.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...nd-leap-to-fbs

For the last several years NDSU has held out hope that the desirable Mountain West or American Athletic conferences would call the 701 and ask for a meeting. It was always the longest of longshots, but the Bison bosses wanted perfection. Now it's clear that simply isn't going to happen.

In lieu of perfect, NDSU will have to try to settle on good enough for now.

Call Conference USA commissioner Judy MacLeod and ask, "What can we do to get in your league?"

(Second question: "Is it possible we could join as a football-only, because we think we could add some football juice to the league?")

Beg if you have to.

And if there's any hint of interest — like, a .00001 hint of interest — continue to talk until there is an invitation or .00000 interest.

It's time to stop paddling around and hoping for a bite. Make it happen. Be proactive. Market yourself. Sell yourself.

One thing I suppose I could have guessed at but didn't realize until I read this article - we are playing our 50th FCS playoff game this weekend. Wow. Not a lot of new opponents to face if we stay.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.