Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CFP Championship

Default Re: CFP Championship

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Both Georgia and SDSU play the game correctly—keep foot on gas and call plays that allow your players to dominate.
    They just dominated both sides of the ball and never let up....this from the SI story reminds me of what our attitude used to be:

"In late June, Georgia football players circulated through Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall wearing T-shirts that read, “Nobody Cares.” Not the friendliest saying, but there was a point behind the Smart-contrived mantra: Nobody wants to hear excuses for not performing and nobody is going to give the Bulldogs anything easy as reigning national champions.

Work harder."

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Georgia beat Samford by only 33, so there's that. FCS > Big12.

Was the entire TCU team hungover? How does something like this even happen? Just think, it was a missed field goal away from being Ohio State and TCU, and that would have doubtless been way more interesting.
    Momentum is a real thing in football. Georgia got it and never lost it. TCU got it early in the Michigan game but Michigan got it back. Then they got into a shoot out. That's why you can have the same two teams play back to back and very different results.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Momentum is a real thing in football. Georgia got it and never lost it. TCU got it early in the Michigan game but Michigan got it back. Then they got into a shoot out. That's why you can have the same two teams play back to back and very different results.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    I also suspect Georgia had a huge advantage being there last year. They already understood the routine and weren't taken in by the moment. I think we have seen the same phenomena at the FCS level where teams come out and play "tight" because they are a bit overwhelmed by the moment.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Was there a more lopsided score in *any* FBS vs FBS game this entire year? Did any FBS team lose by more than 58 points to another FBS team? Serious question.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.