Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why all the bellyaching

Default Re: Why all the bellyaching

Don't get me wrong, I wish Roehl was gone. I think the DC too, and probably Entz.

My daughter who grew up a Bison fan, but today lives in Rapid City, was watching the game. I know she pulls for the Bison, but in this game, given she lives in SD, I'm not sure. In any case she texted me and said no defense and awful play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I wish Roehl was gone. I think the DC too, and probably Entz.
    I dont think Matt Entz is the problem.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    I dont think Matt Entz is the problem.
    I am not so sure at times. Anyone that considers themselves aggressive and the gambling type and yet can’t divide 24 by 8 we have a problem.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    If that’s the culture you tolerate then that’s what you get.
    I agree and say that is more on the head coach than anything. Way more penalties and kids taunting than there ever has been. To many coaches promoted without the experience that they should have. We are the top job in the fcs, we should be able to pick our coordinators who have a proven record.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

And if one paid attention, the bulk of that showboating crap stopped across the board for the entire team on subsequent games. Oh, and I am not a fan of Roehl as OC either!
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    I'm not a fan of Roehl, but the QB taking a 15 yard penalty for taunting, when on the 5 yard line, is not Roehl's fault.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Any taunting by players should only happen [B]ONCE [/! Then the coaches say 'no ands, if or buts" no more taunting or other type of easily avoidable penalties. This is parenting 101. These are young adults and they haven't learned their lesson? The head coach and those who make decisions should take their time and not rush into the DC position. Get a good new defensive coordinator whose coaching philosophy aligns with Bison history and pride. Time may be of the essence to a degree but rushing into a knee-jerk decision is not a good idea either. The whole "culture" of the coaching staff needs to be re-tooled. There should be (if there is not already) a culture where all the coaching staff feels free to challenge decisions being made, in a manner for the best of the team. I am just exasperated by what I am seeing and hearing! I don't know the inner workings of the coaching staff but judging by the results of what we have seen this year, there might be some dysfunction. Also, years back, we had that motivation guy. Get him back. Something is wrong around here and we need to nip it in the bud!

If you don’t see that we are on a slow down tend to a fringe playoff team then you need to take off your green and gold glasses. This team is going to continue to get worse under Entz and co. The guy is clueless as a head coach and we have no culture.

We lucked into a natty appearance this year, we had no business beating UIW.

UND will beat us next year as will SDSU and we will be a bubble team if we are lucky.

We missed the FBS boat a few year ago and if you aren’t progressing you’re regressing and we are absolutely regressing bad.

I'm pretty sure UIW would have given the rabbits a better game. This team accomplished more this year than they had talent or coaching for. Doesn't say alot for the conference or the FCS in general.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Any taunting by players should only happen [B]ONCE [/! Then the coaches say 'no ands, if or buts" no more taunting or other type of easily avoidable penalties. This is parenting 101. These are young adults and they haven't learned their lesson? The head coach and those who make decisions should take their time and not rush into the DC position. Get a good new defensive coordinator whose coaching philosophy aligns with Bison history and pride. Time may be of the essence to a degree but rushing into a knee-jerk decision is not a good idea either. The whole "culture" of the coaching staff needs to be re-tooled. There should be (if there is not already) a culture where all the coaching staff feels free to challenge decisions being made, in a manner for the best of the team. I am just exasperated by what I am seeing and hearing! I don't know the inner workings of the coaching staff but judging by the results of what we have seen this year, there might be some dysfunction. Also, years back, we had that motivation guy. Get him back. Something is wrong around here and we need to nip it in the bud!
    Its been going on for a while. Some of us brought it up years ago. But we were castigated as old timers and this was a new day and age. Now they cant figure out what happened.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."