Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: David Braun D2....

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: David Braun D2....

Random thoughts: As a Vikes fan I currently hate the 3-4 defense even though they are only an example of what a horrible 3-4 looks like. As far as Braun goes….I’m not so sure Northwestern isn’t doing us a favor. This defense hasn’t been the same since Klieman left and probably the 2 worst defenses of this dynasty run are under Brauns short stint. I don’t fully know who/what has changed or is to blame but we need somebody that can get us back the nasty, playmaking defenses that kickstarted this dynasty. Looking back the other day at the recruiting summary I see a huge lack of all American type talent in our classes under the Entz regime. Not sure if that’s strictly recruiting or coaching/player development. I am afraid though that we are trending down. The Rabbit team that just smoked us is good but not great either. They lost to a meh Iowa team and would have been wrecked by the 2016 Iowa team that a “down” NDSU team beat.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    It allows for a much more attack-like D IMO and gets more speed on the field.
    haven't we had trouble with that scheme for that same reason?

think we could run like a 2-2-7 and really run wild bro?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Random thoughts: As a Vikes fan I currently hate the 3-4 defense even though they are only an example of what a horrible 3-4 looks like. As far as Braun goes….I’m not so sure Northwestern isn’t doing us a favor. This defense hasn’t been the same since Klieman left and probably the 2 worst defenses of this dynasty run are under Brauns short stint. I don’t fully know who/what has changed or is to blame but we need somebody that can get us back the nasty, playmaking defenses that kickstarted this dynasty. Looking back the other day at the recruiting summary I see a huge lack of all American type talent in our classes under the Entz regime. Not sure if that’s strictly recruiting or coaching/player development. I am afraid though that we are trending down. The Rabbit team that just smoked us is good but not great either. They lost to a meh Iowa team and would have been wrecked by the 2016 Iowa team that a “down” NDSU team beat.
    We had the top scoring defense last year in FCS. Defense was good not great this year, Braun thought we could get away more times than not rushing only 4 and it hurt us at times.

Agree, our D line could not get tot he Qb alone this year too often. Had to be more aggressive with blitzes at times. Yes, can get burned but it can also lead to more turnovers - which we could not create very often this year.

QUOTE=ndsubison1;1605037]We had the top scoring defense last year in FCS. Defense was good not great this year, Braun thought we could get away more times than not rushing only 4 and it hurt us at times.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    We had the top scoring defense last year in FCS. Defense was good not great this year, Braun thought we could get away more times than not rushing only 4 and it hurt us at times.
    This, and blitzes weren’t timed well and QB contain was an issue—passing D.

Running D has been covered, but I’ll mention that D line get pushed back and keep LBs clean was also a problem. And tackling as a whole.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

It was so cool when those Bison lineman spun in x's with each other at the line of scrimmage and teh wabbits just ran untouched into teh endzones eh.

Lardsin must go!

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    It allows for a much more attack-like D IMO and gets more speed on the field.
    Do your Will and Sam need to be bigger in 3-4

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    It was so cool when those Bison lineman spun in x's with each other at the line of scrimmage and teh wabbits just ran untouched into teh endzones eh.
    How many drugs are you on bro?....eh

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    It happened at least three times. One for sure went for 6. I had seen the alignment of the DTs and went and loaded the gun.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    How many drugs are you on bro?....eh
    At least 3 prescription ones today. Trying to get it figured out bro eh. I'm trying.

Lardsin must go!