Default Re: We Will not win another NC under Entz. Discuss

we need a FBS coach. NOW

these guys arent
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    When is the last time we could consistently, honestly say the following:

1. We dominated both lines of scrimmage
    2. We made great adjustments at halftime (or any time, for that matter)
    3. We wore other teams out with our superior strength and conditioning

These used to be hallmarks of Bison football. Lately? Not so much.
    NONE last couple years WE WON BECAUSE WE HAD SUPERIOR TALENT that far exceeded coaching shortcomings
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Ndsu could win under him. But it would be a happy accident. Dude is not a good coach. His team has zero discipline. I literally have zero respect for this team. Its not their fault. It is their coach's. Would not hire any of these kids.
    College of Business Alumnus

We need an elite RB.. We are a run heavy team that puts skill players in the NFL yearly... so why arent we attracting those types? IF we had say Travis Ettiene a couple years ago would we have ran a committe?

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    We need an elite RB.. We are a run heavy team that puts skill players in the NFL yearly... so why arent we attracting those types? IF we had say Travis Ettiene a couple years ago would we have ran a committe?
    When your entire offense is based on a fullback, that's pretty fucked. Its even more fucked when its limited to 2 plays without him out of shotgun. Why cant we put TMac in the i formation? Instead we only use him doing read option. He's a huge 229 pound running back and its 1 of 2 plays. Roehl is so predictible. Imagine of we ran the i with Luepke and TMac and you run the... fullback dive. Thats something defenses never see

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    we need a FBS coach. NOW

these guys arent
    We need FBS quality coordinators who can make adjustments. Roehl is playing checkers. The defense needs better players and a coordinator

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Where is Jim Kramer in all of this? I know in the past I heard a lot about him, he was featured in news articles, and I know of his sterling reputation as a strength and conditioning coach. I wonder what he thinks about everything!

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Where is Jim Kramer in all of this? I know in the past I heard a lot about him, he was featured in news articles, and I know of his sterling reputation as a strength and conditioning coach. I wonder what he thinks about everything!
    Kramer cant make a 6-1 or 6-2, D-lineman 6-4 or 6-5. Its not about weight, its height and length.

We had guys like Nick DeLuca at MLB at 6-3, 245 and he was quick. Now we got a 6-1, 211 pound MLB. Jabril Cox was 6-3, 233. Now we got James Kaczor at 6-0, 215. How about Chris Board 6-1, 240.

It works vs lower competition but big teams man handle them. Arizona was big and moved the ball with ease. SDSU was big. So was Incarnate Word

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Kramer cant make a 6-1 or 6-2, D-lineman 6-4 or 6-5. Its not about weight, its height and length.

We had guys like Nick DeLuca at MLB at 6-3, 245 and he was quick. Now we got a 6-1, 211 pound MLB. Jabril Cox was 6-3, 233. Now we got James Kaczor at 6-0, 215. How about Chris Board 6-1, 240.

It works vs lower competition but big teams man handle them. Arizona was big and moved the ball with ease. SDSU was big. So was Incarnate Word
    I don't know. Adam Bock is 6-1 and 215 and is a STUD MLB.

Dewey

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    I don't know. Adam Bock is 6-1 and 215 and is a STUD MLB.

Dewey
    Because the SDSU D-line owns the line of scrimmage. That frees them up to make plays. You can have a smaller linebacker if your D-line is good but the smaller guys tend to get hurt more and struggle when the D-line struggles. Kazor was basically a safety playing linebacker but he missed a ton of time. Travis Beck was small too. Today he would have struggled. Fixing the D-line is the biggest issue