Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: We Will not win another NC under Entz. Discuss

Default Re: We Will not win another NC under Entz. Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Watched ndsu vs Kansas State again today... For perspective

Defense: Our d line was much bigger and sheds blocks better. Defense both hit harder and tackled better. You don't have to celebrate every tackle when you expect to make them. Wild right!

Offense: been said elsewhere, not sure how you watch Brock play and think he's better than Cam, the king of comfort. Cam has the better arm and wheels. Our current O looks like we can push the ball down field a lot better. Not a ton of YAC from the 2013 squad in that game. Crockett looks really dynamic compared to our current backs and he didn't even have a big game. Dude was a stud

Overall: few penalties, played cleaner, faster, harder. Reflection of coaching?
    Answer: Yes
    "Our plan of operation is to advance and keep on advancing. We're going to go through the enemy like shit through a tinhorn." - Patton

^Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Watched ndsu vs Kansas State again today... For perspective

Defense: Our d line was much bigger and sheds blocks better. Defense both hit harder and tackled better. You don't have to celebrate every tackle when you expect to make them. Wild right!

Offense: been said elsewhere, not sure how you watch Brock play and think he's better than Cam, the king of comfort. Cam has the better arm and wheels. Our current O looks like we can push the ball down field a lot better. Not a ton of YAC from the 2013 squad in that game. Crockett looks really dynamic compared to our current backs and he didn't even have a big game. Dude was a stud

Overall: few penalties, played cleaner, faster, harder. Reflection of coaching?
    Current backs are nowhere near Ojuri or Crockett.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Interesting discussion today on Brady Quinn, Lavar Harrington Show. 2 pros and a cup of joe they call it. Discussing Ryan Day and the cries for his job at Ohio State. Day has lost 7 games since he has been coach at OSU, last 3 years to Michigan, so some want him fired. Lavar went off on how OSU fans are unreasonable. The team has down well and the expectation is too high if you want him fired.

Relate this to NDSU, Entz' record is similar if not better than Ryan Days and some want the coach fired. In many regards same type of situation current coach has had success but just not good enough for some. Don't know that the right answer is. But NDSU can be compared to OSU in this regard and fan reaction.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Interesting discussion today on Brady Quinn, Lavar Harrington Show. 2 pros and a cup of joe they call it. Discussing Ryan Day and the cries for his job at Ohio State. Day has lost 7 games since he has been coach at OSU, last 3 years to Michigan, so some want him fired. Lavar went off on how OSU fans are unreasonable. The team has down well and the expectation is too high if you want him fired.

Relate this to NDSU, Entz' record is similar if not better than Ryan Days and some want the coach fired. In many regards same type of situation current coach has had success but just not good enough for some. Don't know that the right answer is. But NDSU can be compared to OSU in this regard and fan reaction.
    I don't believe that either Day or Entz should be fired but they should both understand that expectations are high and they are not currently being met. They both willingly signed the contract knowing full well the expectations of the position. Neither are victims or martyrs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I don't believe that either Day or Entz should be fired but they should both understand that expectations are high and they are not currently being met. They both willingly signed the contract knowing full well the expectations of the position. Neither are victims or martyrs.
    Yes, this 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I think that is a fair statement.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post

Entz was staring 6-5 in the face a couple weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There are some definite similarities between Entz and Day. Entz is 58-10, Day is 56-7. Both are at programs where their resources are generally more abundant than their competition and, as BigLakeBison started, the expectations placed upon them reflect that. Both have not had much success with their biggest rivals.

I think Day's biggest struggle has been that he coaches different against Michigan and it hasn't worked.

I'm not sure how good of a coach Entz is. What bugs me the most is that I'm not sure how much he is willing to look in the mirror and see where he can improve. Because, frankly, I don't think he has improved. Things that he struggled with at the beginning of his tenure are things that he still struggles with.

One area that really grinds my gears is his game management skills. Obviously resources we the FCS left l level are a bit more restricted in obviously the money but also the number of coaches and "advisors/consultants" that are allowed. It got me thinking, if he struggles so much with game management and analytics, is there someone in game that can help him in game with that. Then I went down the rabbit hole of how ridiculous it is that they have Kramer on the sidelines and his job is to basically keep people out of the white painted area. NDSU is far from the only school that has someone tasked with this, but it's also ridiculous that 18-23 year olds cannot stay out of that area on their own.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Almost any coach walking in to Ohio St or NDSU will win because the programs are set up.

Difference being, Urban Meyer and Bohl/Klieman won the big games.

Day and Entz don't. More so Day he's an average coach maintaining a good program he's not making it better simply because he cant he's too generic and plays not to lose most of the time. That usually results in a loss. Entz might be in the same boat but you guys are so far ahead of any other FCS program even a deficiency at HC doesn't stop you most years. This year is an anomaly for the Bison. Entz gets too cute and deviates from what made you guys great. the running game and control of the clock. I noticed a few things his first year and then definitely in his second year where attention to detail and fundamentals were not like years past. The little things matter

Still wouldn't surprise me to see you win it all again because SDSU isn't going to do it
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court