Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: We Will not win another NC under Entz. Discuss

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: We Will not win another NC under Entz. Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Entz is more likely to go the Klieman route and go 3-5-5. I cant stand those defenses. We have always been a great defense if we can get the right personel. Im old school i like the base 4-3 with a nickel or dime package
    I would love to have 13 defensive players on the field at all times.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm of the opinion that it wouldn't have mattered much yesterday if we had two more running around out there.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    IndyBison would like a rules discussion with you. ... Yeah, yeah, I know what you really meant: 3-3-5.

The MVFC has all built up OL/DL to deal with the xDSUs. Would going to a numerically smaller (6 v 7) defensive front really be the path to success? And don't you need at least one hybrid safety (big as LB, runs like CB) in that system?
    No, he meant what he typed given what happened yesterday. Risk worth taking.

In a 3-4, the strong OLB effectively serves as a DE and the weak OLB can be rolled up to LOS, effectively making it a 5 man front if you want to.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Whatever gets the defense off the field I guess.

I've seen UND's 3-4 get pushed all over (even with roll ups to 4 and 5 man fronts). And it takes very specific bodies (e.g. fire hydrant nose guard who can control the C and an OG). I'm surprised you'd even consider going back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    I would love to have 13 defensive players on the field at all times.
    IndyBison would like a rules discussion with you. ... Yeah, yeah, I know what you really meant: 3-3-5.

The MVFC has all built up OL/DL to deal with the xDSUs. Would going to a numerically smaller (6 v 7) defensive front really be the path to success? And don't you need at least one hybrid safety (big as LB, runs like CB) in that system?
    Ha ha that was a funny mistype

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Whatever gets the defense off the field I guess.

I've seen UND's 3-4 get pushed all over (even with roll ups to 4 and 5 man fronts). And it takes very specific bodies (e.g. fire hydrant nose guard who can control the C and an OG). I'm surprised you'd even consider going back to that.
    Yep. The 3-4 is easy to beat if you just run up the middle.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

In a 3-4, the strong OLB effectively serves as a DE and the weak OLB can be rolled up to LOS, effectively making it a 5 man front if you want to.
    Obviously but you need to change your recruiting to find those types of players. The 4-3 is great if you can get pressure without blitzing. Yesterday we got no pressure and never blitzed. Braun must have been thinking about his new job

Yep. The 3-4 is easy to beat if you just run up the middle.
    What??? If that’s the case, Y do we struggle to run against it, and why has Entz said it presents a difficult look for us?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

What??? If that’s the case, Y do we struggle to run against it, and why has Entz said it presents a difficult look for us?
    Up the middle and TEs really. We did fine vs UND but it could just be confusing since its different. Maybe tougher to simulate in practice

Braun must have been thinking about his new job
    I will say that you often see this with OCs and DCs in FBS bowl games or playoffs...a coach has already decided/signed to move to another school, yet coaches with his "old team" for that last game and the O or D they coach sucks donkey balls.