Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: We Will not win another NC under Entz. Discuss

Default Re: We Will not win another NC under Entz. Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Don’t disagree, but RB2 gave us bigger problems. Seems like we had more trouble this year with quicker/shiftier RBs compared to more downhill ones, similar to our troubles with shifty/quick QBs.
    Our problems with shifty QBs and playing high flying throw it around teams for so many years in the playoffs led us to believe we needed smaller faster LBs IMO and I think we went too far.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Our problems with shifty QBs and playing high flying throw it around teams for so many years in the playoffs led us to believe we needed smaller faster LBs IMO and I think we went too far.
    Possibly, and we are bringing in more LBs with speed/agility but with decent size (Gulley for example).

Perhaps Entz already had his new DC before
    the Gulley portal transfer and the new DC is a 3-4 guy. That would instantly give us more DL depth and give us better blitz and contain options with the 2 OLBs.

We know Braun didn’t just get hired today after all.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Don’t disagree, but RB2 gave us bigger problems. Seems like we had more trouble this year with quicker/shiftier RBs compared to more downhill ones, similar to our troubles with shifty/quick QBs.
    Well its like comparing Luepke running through a 10 foot hole vs Kobe or Jalen Bussey running through a 10 foot hole. Youll never catch Bussey in an open field. It all starts up front and out D-line got smacked around like a hooker

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Perhaps Entz already had his new DC before the Gulley portal transfer and the new DC is a 3-4 guy.
    A 3-4? At NDSU? Seriously?

I'll have to see it to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post

Ran it 80s-90s.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post

Entz is more likely to go the Klieman route and go 3-5-5. I cant stand those defenses. We have always been a great defense if we can get the right personel. Im old school i like the base 4-3 with a nickel or dime package

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What are the odds our new DC is named this week?
    Would think it might take some time if they do a search, unless the deal is done already.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Well its like comparing Luepke running through a 10 foot hole vs Kobe or Jalen Bussey running through a 10 foot hole. Youll never catch Bussey in an open field. It all starts up front and out D-line got smacked around like a hooker
    True for Natty, RB2 also torched us in regular season game.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Entz is more likely to go the Klieman route and go 3-5-5.
    IndyBison would like a rules discussion with you. ... Yeah, yeah, I know what you really meant: 3-3-5.

The MVFC has all built up OL/DL to deal with the xDSUs. Would going to a numerically smaller (6 v 7) defensive front really be the path to success? And don't you need at least one hybrid safety (big as LB, runs like CB) in that system?

Ran it 80s-90s.
    Why don't I recall that? Then again, I've tried to forget most of that football era.