Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: We Will not win another NC under Entz. Discuss

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: We Will not win another NC under Entz. Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    I agreed with most besides saying play calling was fine.

We had one completed pass against UIW. Our first drive was so predictable it was a meme in here. We need more balance, yesterday cam showed he can give us that balance but for some reason TR decides we’re going to run it 80% of the time and then we’re confused why we’re predictable? We need to be closer to 60-40 run to pass or even 50-50 like we used to be.
    I understand what you are saying, but maybe he just didn't have the players?

Kind of feels like the offense actually overachieved, doesn't it? I mean the Rams are the Rams but other than that there is no big-play WR, the RB stable is constantly in next-man-up status with injuries.

We are used to having 5 class running backs and 5 NFL caliber TE's on the roster. The cupboard was really bare.

And still managed to go 12-3 and be a top 20 scoring offense?

Could this actually have been TR's best coaching season?
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    Day after rants are fun, but too full of emotion.

Entz is in his first stint as HC. He inherited the best football program in the nation, regardless of division. He didn't have a lot of adversity, so his growth curve is probably a little flat. Hoping he has the chops to grow and learn like most successful coaches and CEO's.

I've seen what most of you have, an erosion of discipline, the culture of hard-nosed, no bullshit football kind of slipping away after Klieman. That is coaching and very fixable. There is a reason that Klieman uses Ben Newman, to keep the culture in the right lane. Wish Entz would do the same, and maybe that will be one of the adjustments that he makes moving forward.

It is hard in the NIL, tiktok driven world when everyone wants the world to "look at me!!!" to keep kids from showing off and just putting their hand in the mud and their helmet on the guy across from them.

Entz is 49-7 and has been to 3 national championship games and won 2 of them. In any other place they's already have a place for his statue. Here he needs to be replaced immediately? Give me a break.

And all you guys that think TR needs to go, the offense is not the issue. The play calling is fine and this was a top 20 scoring offense this year. Cam executes well, but he is screwed by comparison after Walker and Jenson and Wentz and Stick and the other kid I can't think of that won every award as a freshman. Oh yeah, Lance. He is a very good QB.

I'm actually more worried about the defense. How many times did you see SDSU in space running without anyone within 10 yards? Somehow Stig has figured out how to get the safeties and LB way out of position. Happened in the second half of the regular season game too. Motion or something is confusing the D, add in the undersized line and away they go...

Expectations are high of course, but let's all take a minute to catch our breath and realize that the titanic isn't exactly sinking.
    I'm not concerned about Entz as a head coach. Im concerned about Roehl. I'm concerned about the talent on defense. We got physically whipped. You cant coach getting physically dominated. You recruit bigger and faster athletes who can hold up vs a power team. Our D-line recruiting has been bad. Really bad

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    Day after rants are fun, but too full of emotion.

Entz is in his first stint as HC. He inherited the best football program in the nation, regardless of division. He didn't have a lot of adversity, so his growth curve is probably a little flat. Hoping he has the chops to grow and learn like most successful coaches and CEO's.

I've seen what most of you have, an erosion of discipline, the culture of hard-nosed, no bullshit football kind of slipping away after Klieman. That is coaching and very fixable. There is a reason that Klieman uses Ben Newman, to keep the culture in the right lane. Wish Entz would do the same, and maybe that will be one of the adjustments that he makes moving forward.

It is hard in the NIL, tiktok driven world when everyone wants the world to "look at me!!!" to keep kids from showing off and just putting their hand in the mud and their helmet on the guy across from them.

Entz is 49-7 and has been to 3 national championship games and won 2 of them. In any other place they's already have a place for his statue. Here he needs to be replaced immediately? Give me a break.

And all you guys that think TR needs to go, the offense is not the issue. The play calling is fine and this was a top 20 scoring offense this year. Cam executes well, but he is screwed by comparison after Walker and Jenson and Wentz and Stick and the other kid I can't think of that won every award as a freshman. Oh yeah, Lance. He is a very good QB.

I'm actually more worried about the defense. How many times did you see SDSU in space running without anyone within 10 yards? Somehow Stig has figured out how to get the safeties and LB way out of position. Happened in the second half of the regular season game too. Motion or something is confusing the D, add in the undersized line and away they go...

Expectations are high of course, but let's all take a minute to catch our breath and realize that the titanic isn't exactly sinking.
    Stig didn't have a monopoly on our defense being out of position this season. They definitely outcoached us, though. They opened that playbook WIDE - we still kept the status quo. That's the concern. The offense IS a problem - top 20 scoring team, but who did we score against? We scored 21 points against SDSU...both times.

We relied FAR too heavily on breaking a big play this year than LSD, which is our signature. Big plays hide deficiencies in scheme with individual effort. Sure, you can say scheme created the seam for RB guy to run 50 yards...but it didn't ever feel like we physically submitted teams this year.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    The offense IS a problem - top 20 scoring team, but who did we score against? We scored 21 points against SDSU...both times.
    and in years past that was enough.
    Don't believe everything you think.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In one of those games it was in the first half with a big fat 0 in the second.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I'm not concerned about Entz as a head coach. Im concerned about Roehl. I'm concerned about the talent on defense. We got physically whipped. You cant coach getting physically dominated. You recruit bigger and faster athletes who can hold up vs a power team. Our D-line recruiting has been bad. Really bad
    At the end of the day that's on the coaches too, not the players. Recruiting and player development are key coaching responsibilities. There is no excuse for NDSU to be outrecruited by anyone in FCS, especially the Jacks.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We have numerous issues and they were exposed this year. Our dline and lb play was pretty poor most of the year. Our defense was our biggest issue all year but as mentioned numerous times there are more cracks in the foundation than before. To us older people these cracks showed up in the early 90’s as well. Discipline this year was a little weaker than the past. Our play calling was not good at times at all. This is really the first year in a long time freshman haven’t played much and this was evident as we used to keep track of games played on this forum but that was basically useless this year which goes into the question of why? Seems like something is off with recruiting and I can’t put a finger on it myself.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

790 radio is calling out the NDSU football head coach for not being accessible to the media nor to the fans/supporters.
    He said that past head coaches have been very accessible. I’d have to add that Joel was very complementary to the Bison football Team.
    Last edited by bisonfanette; 01-09-2023 at 04:13 PM.

I sure hope there is talent in the current redshirt class and the lack of it is not the issue they didn’t play very much. Especially with all the injuries we had this year on offense. The college football current trend is to play true freshman if they can help. But, roster management is now different with the Covid extra year and transfer portal and coaches should be the experts on how they are managing the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    We have numerous issues and they were exposed this year. Our dline and lb play was pretty poor most of the year. Our defense was our biggest issue all year but as mentioned numerous times there are more cracks in the foundation than before. To us older people these cracks showed up in the early 90’s as well. Discipline this year was a little weaker than the past. Our play calling was not good at times at all. This is really the first year in a long time freshman haven’t played much and this was evident as we used to keep track of games played on this forum but that was basically useless this year which goes into the question of why? Seems like something is off with recruiting and I can’t put a finger on it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Stig didn't have a monopoly on our defense being out of position this season. They definitely outcoached us, though. They opened that playbook WIDE - we still kept the status quo. That's the concern. The offense IS a problem - top 20 scoring team, but who did we score against? We scored 21 points against SDSU...both times.

We relied FAR too heavily on breaking a big play this year than LSD, which is our signature. Big plays hide deficiencies in scheme with individual effort. Sure, you can say scheme created the seam for RB guy to run 50 yards...but it didn't ever feel like we physically submitted teams this year.
    I like to compare 2021 to 2022 Conference stats. They are basically the same.

Last year we couldnt beat SDSU either

I think the obvious is our defense struggles to stop the run. We miss guys like Coster Ching, Hankey, Brayden Thomas and Lane Tucker. The guys who replaced them simply werent as good

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com