Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: We Will not win another NC under Entz. Discuss

Default Re: We Will not win another NC under Entz. Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    At the end of the day that's on the coaches too, not the players. Recruiting and player development are key coaching responsibilities. There is no excuse for NDSU to be outrecruited by anyone in FCS, especially the Jacks.
    Exactly. Everyone points out a lot of reasons, but almost all of them point directly back to the staff. And again, I am not confident that this staff has the ability to make hard decisions internally. We had three weeks to prepare and we still came in expecting to be able to run the QB all day against a team was the best defense in the FCS against the run, was very open about knowing we were going to QB run, AND is very familiar with us. That was the best gameplan we could come up with in three weeks, against our rival, in the ACTUAL super bowl not just "iT's ThEir SuPeR bOwL", the real one.

Concerning to say the least. "CaM mIlLeR iSn'T tReY LaNcE", no kidding, but it's the staff's job to put the kids in a position to win. If we don't have the horses at x,y,z position, that's on the coaches.

It might not be a problem *yet*, but alarm bells should be going off. And now is the time to have tough conversations before it's too late. 2016 was a tough loss, but it felt VERY different - I was optimistic about 17...I am not about 23.
    Last edited by EndZoneQB; 01-09-2023 at 04:09 PM.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    I understand what you are saying, but maybe he just didn't have the players?

Kind of feels like the offense actually overachieved, doesn't it? I mean the Rams are the Rams but other than that there is no big-play WR, the RB stable is constantly in next-man-up status with injuries.

We are used to having 5 class running backs and 5 NFL caliber TE's on the roster. The cupboard was really bare.

And still managed to go 12-3 and be a top 20 scoring offense?

Could this actually have been TR's best coaching season?
    Have you seen the final polls and the teams in top 20? It’s basically full of teams that we would have in the past boat-raced. 3 MVFC teams, and one is UND.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Our D-line recruiting has been bad. Really bad
    What I found interesting is one of the D-lineman we took out of MPLS this year was listed at 285 and Entz mentioned he was bigger than most recruits we've signed over the years. Perhaps that was on purpose? Are they starting to realize that bringing in smaller guys and trying to bulk them up isnt working as well as it has in the past?
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Roehl's play calling results in our entire RB room getting hurt during the year. Look how fresh Davis and Johnson looked yesterday, they obviously weren't running into brick walls all season like our RB's.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    What I found interesting is one of the D-lineman we took out of MPLS this year was listed at 285 and Entz mentioned he was bigger than most recruits we've signed over the years. Perhaps that was on purpose? Are they starting to realize that bringing in smaller guys and trying to bulk them up isnt working as well as it has in the past?
    The thing is, when that has successfully happened, it's been bringing kids in as a different position, they bulk up and all of a sudden we have a monster DT that was supposed to be a long DE, a DE that was supposed to be a large LB, a LB that was supposed to be a safety...an OT that was supposed to be a TE. I don't remember much of the "oh he is undersized now so we are recruiting him for the position we him to play" vs we are recruiting football players regardless of position.

What big recruit did we lose out on this year to maybe UNI because he wanted to play a different position. Have we really ever heard that with Bohl/Klieman? The line used to be sure, you can play x,y,z position *wink, wink*, get them on campus and essentially bury them on the depth chart and then offer a position change to our preferred position. Thorton, Hendricks, come to mind. I'm sure there were others. We pride ourselves, or used to, on recruiting football players first, and positions second. Bohl was VERY clear he learned his lesson on LaDainian Tomlinson - Entz has already reversed this position? I get that you want to be your own coach...but this seems like a no brainer.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    790 radio is calling out the NDSU football head coach for not being accessible to the media nor to the fans/supporters.
    He said that past head coaches have been very accessible. I’d have to add that Joel was very complementary to the Bison football Team.
    I can see this... Remember when coach K would come over to a section we were in at a road game and thank us? I think Entz is such a meat head that he doesn't know any better...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    We have numerous issues and they were exposed this year. Our dline and lb play was pretty poor most of the year. Our defense was our biggest issue all year but as mentioned numerous times there are more cracks in the foundation than before. To us older people these cracks showed up in the early 90’s as well. Discipline this year was a little weaker than the past. Our play calling was not good at times at all. This is really the first year in a long time freshman haven’t played much and this was evident as we used to keep track of games played on this forum but that was basically useless this year which goes into the question of why? Seems like something is off with recruiting and I can’t put a finger on it myself.
    oh watch out. recruiting expert bruinbison will tell you we are recruiting like PrimeTime!!

Yes, Entz doesn't have the flash to recruit, Roehl doesn't either and Braun as well.

NDSU should of been ABSOLUTELY CRUSHING RECRUITING the last 2-3 years with 16 NFL players Watson, Lance, Wentz, Radunz Volson Board all on NFL teams playing a lot.

LIKE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO instead we got about 4-5 decommits per class and added wayyyy too many Pwo's that have no chance of playing at NDSU.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    I can see this... Remember when coach K would come over to a section we were in at a road game and thank us? I think Entz is such a meat head that he doesn't know any better...
    Idk...after the USD game in Vermillion he spent about as much time as he could (4-5 minutes) after the game before heading into the locker room talking to fans and high-fiving kids.

I know our youngsters thought it was pretty neat they got to shake Coach Entz's hand.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Matt Larsen: "Looks like I picked a bad week to try to do another clandestine contract extension. Oh well, I'll worry about it in 2027..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    Roehl's play calling results in our entire RB room getting hurt during the year. Look how fresh Davis and Johnson looked yesterday, they obviously weren't running into brick walls all season like our RB's.
    I think Davis was out w/injury for a chunk of the season. Did not play against Bison in Oct or was not at 100%
    Don't believe everything you think.