Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: We Will not win another NC under Entz. Discuss

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: We Will not win another NC under Entz. Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Yuck. What are the grades for the other remaining playoff teams? Or the link please?
    https://x.com/HEROSports_FCS/status/...500054509?s=20

Tackling
    1. South Dakota – 92.3

3. Southern Illinois – 90.6

7. Furman – 87.9

8. South Dakota State – 87.3

13. Villanova – 84.7

14. Montana – 83.7

17. Youngstown State – 82.9

19. UAlbany – 81.6

38. Delaware – 74.4

48. Richmond – 71.0

60. Sac State – 67.4

66. Mercer – 65.4

74. Montana State – 63.4

81. Chattanooga – 62.2

88. Idaho – 60.6

102. North Dakota State – 56.4

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Best tackler on the team, riding the bench.
    I understand at the beginning of the year w when he wasn't starting due to being new to the team and learning the system. He wasn't playing as fast as he needed to be. He's getting really close now. Like him a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    With his youngest son graduating this spring and heading to Des Moines Area CC to play baseball in the fall, you wonder if he figured now would be the time for him to explore other opportunities, as to not uproot his family while his kids were still in HS? Obviously, that's pure speculation, but would seem to make at least a little bit of sense. Now, whether or not those other job opportunities are on the table, that's another story.
    I see David Braun was just named consensus Big Ten coach of the year at Northwestern. He is also the Defensive Coordinator. Is it possible he might hire Entz as the D Coordinator?

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Hero sports posted the pff grades for playoff teams. We are the 102nd rated team in the fcs in tackling..... With a 56.4 grade. Wow
    That is terrible! Yes, we all witnessed the demise of the Bison defense beginning last year, but this really puts a number to the crap tackling this past year. So who is responsible for coaching good tackling technique? Each defensive position coach, one designated coach, D Coordinator? I would hope Entz knows this and is putting pressure on to make improvements, but what if the techniques being taught by newer coaches are inadequate? Same goes for special teams. Entz just doesn't seem to quickly recognize problem areas, and then push to get expected results in a timely manner. If no improvements then some coaching changes need to be made.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by sdbison View Post
    i see david braun was just named consensus big ten coach of the year at northwestern. He is also the defensive coordinator. Is it possible he might hire entz as the d coordinator?
    plllllllllllllllllllease????????
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I see David Braun was just named consensus Big Ten coach of the year at Northwestern. He is also the Defensive Coordinator. Is it possible he might hire Entz as the D Coordinator?
    He could but if I were Braun I would try to hire Scottie Hazleton. I doubt the new guy at Mich St keeps him on staff.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    DLine has been much worse than OLine. Pass pro has been good, but interior run blocking is a mess. DLine pressure has been an issue for at least 2 years. And tackling, I don’t even recognize it as Bison football. Solo tackles are rare, in space it’s once a game, if that, and it’s normally from a second stringer who is sitting behind a senior because reasons.

Like I said, it’s bad. I think you’re underestimating it. If we’re lucky enough to get past the Cats and USD, maybe you’ll get to see it in person, but I suggest you tune in on Saturday to see what I (we) mean…
    Sounds like the cat defense they are a bad tackling team and if you get people in space at the second level you get touchdowns a lot. Their secondary is average to bad. I have watched almost every game of your this year and trust me you have a better defense than the cats for what thats worth. They might have a slight edge at DL but its more than made up for with your secondary compared to theirs
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    Sounds like the cat defense they are a bad tackling team and if you get people in space at the second level you get touchdowns a lot. Their secondary is average to bad. I have watched almost every game of your this year and trust me you have a better defense than the cats for what thats worth. They might have a slight edge at DL but its more than made up for with your secondary compared to theirs
    It's a little hard to square that with the PFF numbers that TwinCityBison posted above in #281. According to that MS is better at tackling than NDSU. Not by a LOT mind you, but noticeably better.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Hero sports posted the pff grades for playoff teams. We are the 102nd rated team in the fcs in tackling..... With a 56.4 grade. Wow
    Not a 1-year thing either. Confirms what our eyes have told us for the last 2 seasons. I understand a game here or there where tackles are missed, but it's been consistently poor with no improvement.

Poor tackling and fundamentals is why I think we lose to MSU.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

It's mind boggling to watch at times. Especially at the second and third levels. It's like they're playing bumper cars.

It's so counter intuititive to everything a football player is taught from pop warner all the way up.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes