Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: We Will not win another NC under Entz. Discuss

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: We Will not win another NC under Entz. Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    CAS NDSU got the ball after kick return and literally waltzed down the field with ease to make it 7-7 so we were good.

Entz/Goeser/Olson should've huddled the Defense and Challenge their asses (after it was 7-14 and the defense got gashed) but they all just stood around with thumbs up asses
    Offense may not be perfect, but it does enough. It's the defense thats been non-existent some games.

We better figure out how to defend runs up the middle, because every team will try that now. UND exposed our line play.

this^^^ its NOT good. I've been saying C or D the last 3 years of recruiting... but all of you guys whined and bitched at me.

Gonna need MINIMUM 5-6 FBS drop downs next year. Defense might need them all and some WR's/RB's.
    So these players the last 3 years of recruiting you have been so
    down on - they are currently RFr, FR
    and the yet to arrive on campus Class of ‘24. Good job!!!

so we didn't recruit enough HS kids worthy of a 2024 scholarship. got it.
    plus i see about 6-7 PWOS in this class already
    4 kids were nepotism recruits.
    if Entz grabbed 3-4 more big recruits with FBS offers (not service academies or mac's either) I'd be throwing roses!!

Minnesota kids ranked 16, 18 and 19 (we've had top 10 before)
    ZERO Wisconsin Kids (Goeser is a Sconi)

Hey its a SOLID B- after 10 years of Dynasty This should be easiest recruiting ever (last year was even worse)

Rankings on 24/7
    116 in 2024
    167 in 2023 0 starters, but understandable
    142 in 2022 0 starters maybe 1.
    202 in 2021 WOOOOF 0 starters now!!!

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    My immediate thought after UND ran the opening KO back for a TD was: “settle down—>That won’t define nor dictate the outcome of the game. Get the starters together and get level-headed and think about game plan that your prepared for.”.

From what I saw, coaches panicked and did not have level-headness, and our players did likewise. It’s really not that big of a deal if an opponent runs back the opening KO for a TD, cuz it’s only like 13-14 seconds of an entire game you prepared for. Settle in and execute. But, nope, coaches acted like it was an earthquake and ran for effing cover!!

Lack of leadership. And, if we had an Alpha on Offense or Defense, that alpha should have stepped in when coaches didnt and said, “let’s go”!!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

If our coaches can figure out how to make adjustments at half like they used to do, we can finish respectably this season. I'm not counting us out, but everyone; all coaches and all players have to raise their level of execution.

this^^^ its NOT good. I've been saying C or D the last 3 years of recruiting... but all of you guys whined and bitched at me.

Gonna need MINIMUM 5-6 FBS drop downs next year. Defense might need them all and some WR's/RB's.
    Transfer portal needs to be hit hard to fill the holes on both sides of the ball, need to be picky and strategic.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't think it was that uncommon in years past where the opposition was able to move the ball coming out to start the game. What's different now is that there opposition is continuing that where in the past they didn't. I don't know if that is a lack of adjustments, a lack of skill or a combination of both. I would guess it's a combination of both.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

I'm no football expert, but I thought a big part of that was just wearing down the offensive line by subbing more often so our defensive line was less tired as the game went on.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I don't think it was that uncommon in years past where the opposition was able to move the ball coming out to start the game. What's different now is that there opposition is continuing that where in the past they didn't. I don't know if that is a lack of adjustments, a lack of skill or a combination of both. I would guess it's a combination of both.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I'm no football expert, but I thought a big part of that was just wearing down the offensive line by subbing more often so our defensive line was less tired as the game went on.
    yes i think i told the story about 5-6 years ago i was in a golf scramble in wisconsin w family and big dude had a illinois state shirt and he was a former OL coach for them. And he kept going on and on about how NDSU on the DL & LB spots would just rotate and rotate and rotate and wore out their 5 OL guys that were out there every play. he was real impressed
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    So these players the last 3 years of recruiting you have been so
    down on - they are currently RFr, FR
    and the yet to arrive on campus Class of ‘24. Good job!!!
    Come on. Facts don't matter.

A KO return for a TD, a blocked punt that gave them a short field, and an interception that was nearly a pick 6. Not many teams can overcome that. They seemed like they were moving in the right direction, until the interception and then the long TD run was the final nail. They seem to have identified some of the issues, now they need to show improvement on the field of play. Starting fast, that has not happened a few times, and certainly didn't last week.