Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 38-20 with 13:44 left in game

Default Re: 38-20 with 13:44 left in game

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Did NDSU look at the wrong scenario card?

After a TD:
    - down 18 you go for two
    - up 18 ... you kick.

That call is only exceeded by Bubba's 4th down call v NDSU two seasons ago for its "what are you doing" factor.
    Not even close. The game was over and he knew it that's why he kicked it. Everyone knew it. Bubbles call was the dumbest thing I have ever seen but he needs a lifetime contract for the fawkers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Not even close. The game was over and he knew it that's why he kicked it. Everyone knew it. Bubbles call was the dumbest thing I have ever seen but he needs a lifetime contract for the fawkers!
    Yeah, if NDSU had 99 problems on Sunday, not going for 2 was not one of them. That said, it was the most easily preventable and therefore the most frustrating - but the dead ball PF bothered me way more.

Not even close. The game was over and he knew it that's why he kicked it. Everyone knew it.
    It really was a white-flag? I never thought I'd see that from NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Yeah, if NDSU had 99 problems on Sunday, not going for 2 was not one of them. That said, it was the most easily preventable and therefore the most frustrating - but the dead ball PF bothered me way more.
    True - but I actually agree with Sic and others here… If you go for 2 there, you send a message to your team and everyone watching: We’re not done yet. Who knows how that affects the outcome, even if it was still a long shot…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    True - but I actually agree with Sic and others here… If you go for 2 there, you send a message to your team and everyone watching: We’re not done yet. Who knows how that affects the outcome, even if it was still a long shot…
    U always go for two there. No questions asked that what bothers everyone. Instead we go for two when we are up like 30 this year just for giggles.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

That's what's bothering everyone? When we lost 45-21?? Seriously you guys wanted it to be 45-22???

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That's what's bothering everyone? When we lost 45-21?? Seriously you guys wanted it to be 45-22???
    I wanted to think that if we got it down to a 2-score game with 11-minutes to go, anything could happen. Kicking the extra point at that juncture guaranteed one result: L.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Did NDSU look at the wrong scenario card?

After a TD:
    - down 18 you go for two
    - up 18 ... you kick.

That call is only exceeded by Bubba's 4th down call v NDSU two seasons ago for its "what are you doing" factor.

Entz scenario card only has us winning. He doesn't have the scenarios for us losing on his card so how was he was supposed to know we were supposed to go for 2? Also, that is why we ran the play clock down too.
    We hadn't stopped SDSU all day at that point shouldn't we have tried to onside kick it at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Entz scenario card only has us winning. He doesn't have the scenarios for us losing on his card so how was he was supposed to know we were supposed to go for 2? Also, that is why we ran the play clock down too.
    We hadn't stopped SDSU all day at that point shouldn't we have tried to onside kick it at that point?
    We should have gone for 2. Absolutely we should have tried an onside kick. Every kick from that point on should have. Heck an onside kick to start the half might have been a good idea.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We should have gone for 2. Absolutely we should have tried an onside kick. Every kick from that point on should have. Heck an onside kick to start the half might have been a good idea.
    I don’t know about all of that. Probably depends on how the PAT2 turns out. If you convert it you’ve still got time for two 6 minute drives which SDSU was willing to give you if you could execute. Of course you need two 3 and outs from the defense as well. Kicking the PAT1 was either a stupid mistake or the white flag. Can’t have either of those in that spot.

Obviously 1 point doesn’t change the outcome but these binary decisions, clock management, two minute offense etc are things that have not improved with this staff.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie