Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 38-20 with 13:44 left in game

Default Re: 38-20 with 13:44 left in game

The thing that bothers me, besides this not being the first time this has happened under Entz, is that he had plenty of time to think this through. It wasn't like it was a pick six or a punt return TD or a score that caught him off guard. He had plenty of time to make the decision.

Maybe he needs to start wearing a Perkins menu around his neck like Stig so he's got information at his fingertips.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    The thing that bothers me, besides this not being the first time this has happened under Entz, is that he had plenty of time to think this through. It wasn't like it was a pick six or a punt return TD or a score that caught him off guard. He had plenty of time to make the decision.

Maybe he needs to start wearing a Perkins menu around his neck like Stig so he's got information at his fingertips.
    I thought it was a cheesecake factory menu. Regardless, he really only needs a happy meal menu against our predictable 5 plays.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    I wanted to think that if we got it down to a 2-score game with 11-minutes to go, anything could happen. Kicking the extra point at that juncture guaranteed one result: L.

Yes and NDSU had the ball with 11 minutes left. 11 minutes left in the game, a 2 possession game, and you have the ball, is very much a ballgame. Who's to say SDSU wouldn't have tightened up? It happened to them against Montana a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Yes and NDSU had the ball with 11 minutes left. 11 minutes left in the game, a 2 possession game, and you have the ball, is very much a ballgame. Who's to say SDSU wouldn't have tightened up? It happened to them against Montana a couple years ago.
    And, more importantly perhaps, the SHSU Covid Natty.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

When Stig needs to relax he looks at a picture of Matt Entz. Doesn't even need a joose after that. He'll probably take the picture with when he files his taxes this year eh. All of south dakota is a safer place because of Matt Entz.

Lardsin must go!

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    That's what's bothering everyone? When we lost 45-21?? Seriously you guys wanted it to be 45-22???
    No it is part of a larger issue with the coaching staff. This was a slam dunk easy decision that was screwed up. Yes it wouldn’t have affected the game but that doesn’t matter as Entz gloats when he does a trick play for two when we are up thirty. I don’t believe we should fire anybody but there are some concerns. Believe me I have seen our program go thru a downturn in the 90’s and it wasn’t fun.

It was a good year with all the injuries to make the title game but we got beat like a drum. We put up almost no resistance and that can’t happen yet alone to the little sister to the south who should win it again next year.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Agree with all of this. Add the loss to SIU as a bad loss where we just had no answer.

The fumble deep in our territory followed by quick score was the game changing play in this game. I don’t think we are as far behind SDSU as some think we are.

In the past our D has always gotten better as the season progresses and especially in the playoffs. I just have not seen that recently. Without complementary football, our O could not carry us. Plus, our punt return special teams did nothing to help us in Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    No it is part of a larger issue with the coaching staff. This was a slam dunk easy decision that was screwed up. Yes it wouldn’t have affected the game but that doesn’t matter as Entz gloats when he does a trick play for two when we are up thirty. I don’t believe we should fire anybody but there are some concerns. Believe me I have seen our program go thru a downturn in the 90’s and it wasn’t fun.

It was a good year with all the injuries to make the title game but we got beat like a drum. We put up almost no resistance and that can’t happen yet alone to the little sister to the south who should win it again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Agree with all of this. Add the loss to SIU as a bad loss where we just had no answer.

The fumble deep in our territory followed by quick score was the game changing play in this game. I don’t think we are as far behind SDSU as some think we are.

In the past our D has always gotten better as the season progresses and especially in the playoffs. I just have not seen that recently. Without complementary football, our O could not carry us. Plus, our punt return special teams did nothing to help us in Frisco.
    Great point about special teams. It could have been worse if Crosa didn't knuckle that extra point through. How many yards of field position did we give up by letting the punts sail over the returner's head?

On second thought, maybe missing that extra point would have forced Entz to go for 2 the rest of the game.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We should have gone for 2. Absolutely we should have tried an onside kick.
    The outcome may or may not have changed, but a 2-point and a successful onside would've had bunny sphincters puckering and bunny beverages set down.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    The outcome may or may not have changed, but a 2-point and a successful onside would've had bunny sphincters puckering and bunny beverages set down.
    The outcome (IMO) from W-L side of things wouldn’t have changed. Maybe the ultimate score would have.

We just got flat out beat in the trenches on both O & D, and it wasn’t like we were gonna turn that around just because of 2-pointer.

Also, they were/are better at the skill positions and, overall, they were much more physical than us.

Additionally (resultantly?) their ability to run the ball/stop the run/pass/stop the pass was way better than ours.

I know the passing numbers were similar, but their passing game was way more crisp and effective. But for Mathes making some acrobatic/get-body-cut-in-half catches, those numbers would have been much different. Most of their receptions weren’t even highly contested/defended from what I saw/recall.

Is what it is/was. Can’t hit rewind.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.