Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 38-20 with 13:44 left in game

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 38-20 with 13:44 left in game

I agree CAS. U know I have been a a Vikes fan and a Bison fan for 40 plus years and I always tell people when we have big games the Bison never let me down while the Vikes at the complete opposite. I will say this was the first year since the 90’s where u felt like the Bison were exactly likes the Vikes and I’m this game guys we did not show up at all. Guys were open everywhere for some reason which we were supposed to have such an experienced Dbacks but everything was just off.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I agree CAS. U know I have been a a Vikes fan and a Bison fan for 40 plus years and I always tell people when we have big games the Bison never let me down while the Vikes at the complete opposite. I will say this was the first year since the 90’s where u felt like the Bison were exactly likes the Vikes and I’m this game guys we did not show up at all. Guys were open everywhere for some reason which we were supposed to have such an experienced Dbacks but everything was just off.
    D-backs weren't sharp, but it's nearly impossible to cover guys when there is no, I mean none, pressure on the QB. I still can't believe our defensive game plan and how we didn't make adjustments.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The outcome (IMO) from W-L side of things wouldn’t have changed. Maybe the ultimate score would have.

We just got flat out beat in the trenches on both O & D, and it wasn’t like we were gonna turn that around just because of 2-pointer.

Also, they were/are better at the skill positions and, overall, they were much more physical than us.

Additionally (resultantly?) their ability to run the ball/stop the run/pass/stop the pass was way better than ours.

I know the passing numbers were similar, but their passing game was way more crisp and effective. But for Mathes making some acrobatic/get-body-cut-in-half catches, those numbers would have been much different. Most of their receptions weren’t even highly contested/defended from what I saw/recall.

Is what it is/was. Can’t hit rewind.
    Have to completely agree with you. Shocking actually. I sure hope this awareness is accruing within the 2023 team and coaching staff.
    Don't believe everything you think.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Picking up the tempo after halftime, calling timeouts, going for 2, etc. are all decisions made by coaches that CAN make a difference. <purplefont NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED purplefont>
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Remembering this moment in the NC game and thinking how it was the worst coaching decision I have ever seen at the collegiate level. How do you not make the decision to cut the game to 2 possessions?

South Dakota blew my mind how there was an inability of the coaching staff to play faster and with a sense of urgency.

Now against UND you are seeing no effective coaching changes and just getting completely blown off the LOS.

Seems to be a myriad of issues and concerns that the coaching staff doesn't get right. That's a bin concern and a big issue.

This dude walked into a prime running glossy stout full encompassed program and it is cracking everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    …and Entz kicks the PAT. One of the worst coaching decisions I have ever seen from a game of this magnitude. Could have been a 2 possession game when NDSU got the ball back with around 11 min left.
    Kind of funny that this is the poor decision out of all the poor plays and decisions you focus on. It wouldn’t have mattered anyway if we’re incapable of stopping them from scoring…

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarz04 View Post
    Kind of funny that this is the poor decision out of all the poor plays and decisions you focus on. It wouldn’t have mattered anyway if we’re incapable of stopping them from scoring…
    The point is if you are this dumb why are you a head coach?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Remembering this moment in the NC game and thinking how it was the worst coaching decision I have ever seen at the collegiate level. How do you not make the decision to cut the game to 2 possessions?

South Dakota blew my mind how there was an inability of the coaching staff to play faster and with a sense of urgency.

Now against UND you are seeing no effective coaching changes and just getting completely blown off the LOS.

Seems to be a myriad of issues and concerns that the coaching staff doesn't get right. That's a bin concern and a big issue.

This dude walked into a prime running glossy stout full encompassed program and it is cracking everywhere.
    And this idiot will get on the radio or TV and say he doesn't care what the outside world says... These are his people... Pissing off EVERYONE again.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    The point is if you are this dumb why are you a head coach?
    CK covered a lot for him I believe... Talent covered up everything once he became HC.... Talent cupboard is running dry and it shows... in the coaching
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]