Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Thank goodness Trey is playing on teh other channel eh

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by BiZon22 View Post
    This is the worst team we’ve fielded in over a decade. Honestly congrats to the sdsu players they’re a good squad. The fans and coach, not so much.
    No its not lol. This team would destroy the 2020 team.

Congrats to SDSU. The fans and coach too. I have no ill will toward any of them really. They jumped with NDSU at a time where many thought it was delusional.
    College of Business Alumnus

I'm not even talking about the game. SDSU is better and deserved to win. Injuries played a role but its not only this year, but previous years they've been beating us.

1) We need to retool our defense. The undersized crap doesnt work vs a power team. Its not a 1 game fluke, its over the last several years. We need size to stop SDSUs running game and approach them like they emulated us. That means building your defense to stop the power run. More size.

2) Tyler Roehl must go.

3) I like Cam, but he's not capable of taking a game over.

4) We need to start recruiting feature backs

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    It’s like the 1980 Soviet hockey bench down there. They’ve won so much that they just have no idea what to do on the rare occasion that they need to mount a comeback. We haven’t had a 2 minute offense in years and now we’re forgotten how to do simple math.
    Literally was gonna post this basically verbatim
    College of Business Alumnus

1. We never found the right mix of linebackers that could simply make tackles. I know he wasn't a burner but man, they missed Jackson Hankey this year.
    2. The D Line just wasn't good enough all year either. The great NDSU teams dominated the LoS and this DL struggled with that more than previous NDSU teams.
    3. Losing Luepke crushed this offense. His balance and vision were superb, and while Kobe, TWill, and TK are solid, he added an element that they couldn't replace.
    4. The coordinators aren't good. Roehl is so damn predictable and Braun just doesn't seem to make adjustments.
    5. They need to add a coach to the staff to focus solely on in game strategy/clock management/analytics. The decision not to call a TO after 2nd down and a minute to go in the half and the kicked XP decision are inexcusable errors. These things are constantly plaguing this team too. Add a coach, throw them up in the box and work in tandem with the coordinators.
    6. SDSU was way better than this team.
    7. Only reason this team made the championship is because FCS is awful. JMU probably would have handled us and I'm not confident Montana State wasn't better than us.
    8. Ross Uglem is touting some great rFr a tFr we have that will help next year...then why the F didn't we see them this year? It was odd how little some of the young guys played and that concerns me going forward, because this team was by no means a juggernaut.
    9. Hopefully the local media asks some tough questions (I'll be shocked if they do). Entz doesn't owe them answers, but after shitting the bed this badly and some of his very obvious gaffes, he owes fans, former players, and alumni some response. They didn't just lose, they got outcoached and dominated in the biggest game of the year, vs their archrival, on the national stage, and with 3 weeks to prepare. It was embarrassing.
    10. They need to hit the portal HARD. This team needs an infusion of playmakers in the worst way. DL, WR, TE, another RB, LB. We have guys we can get by with, but as we saw today, we need more.
    11. Congrats to this group that made it to Frisco. I think they overachieved to get there and the seniors accomplished a lot in their time at NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Literally was gonna post this basically verbatim
    Bro if he’s stealing your content you can sue his ass just pm CAS
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    They bring back a lot of guys next year. We have to make some strides to dethrone them next year. They arent going away.
    Every year is different. To be as healthy as they were at this point in the season is unusual. I’ll be surprised if they beat us like this again for a while.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

GG rabbits. Clearly the better team today. And beating ndsu like 4 straight now.

I don’t like criticizing these young men, they are all 10 times the man I am. This was on the coaching staff. Jesus
    "Our plan of operation is to advance and keep on advancing. We're going to go through the enemy like shit through a tinhorn." - Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    No its not lol. This team would destroy the 2020 team.

Congrats to SDSU. The fans and coach too. I have no ill will toward any of them really. They jumped with NDSU at a time where many thought it was delusional.
    Good for you bud. We’re happy for ya.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery