Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Crap year for Bison Fan....trey lance hurt, wentz performance, and today's titanic disaster. I'm pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    We got guys back but who knows how healthy and ready they really were.
    Fair but even at 100%, they got their ass handed to them.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    Tackling? Been a huge issue all year. Play calling has become very predictable all year. Head coach keeps saying how field goals will never win you games. Then he threw the kickers under the bus by answering tge question of " why didnt you kick a FG there?" and his answer was " gave you seen our kicking game"? My opinion the direction is going backwards.
    Could you imagine Bohl or Klieman EVER saying anything remotely close to that? I can't. Bohl was a little too corporate for me, and Klieman was a breath of fresh air, but it was never anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Very much share your concern, but anyone getting fired after just making a title game would be unheard of IMO, despite the spanking today

That said, ME needs to take a long hard look in the fucking mirror. Right now it does indeed seem to point the way you suggest, but I don't pretend to know the details of the inner workings of the program

What this program has done over the last decade is next to impossible, and ME has played a large role in that. It is very hard to keep your head with so many hunting for it, and the bunnies copied us to a T. Except for the classy fan part ...
    That's the key, you should ALWAYS be changing and evolving, we shouldn't be imitating anyone, we should be the leaders. SDSU followed our model and we somehow don't follow our own anymore? I feel like recruiting classes have been as good or better, but we forget what made this run possible: The team is greater than the sum of the parts - despite having stars. Is there a plan in place in recruiting? Classes have seemed sorta lopsided, heavy in some areas but very light in important areas for us. Just feels like something is missing, similar to 08-09. Is it team leadership? Who even are our leaders right now? We've always had great QB leadership(besides the play), except for 08 and 09...and then the last two years. We rode Leupke to the title last year.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Hayes would have been out of eligibility. Pascoe never played a down.
    Should probably tell the NCAA of that fact, he just played a large role for KSU in a NY6 bowl. But what do I know.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    SDSU has better players. It is very difficult to adjust to that in-game.
    Much better players. At pretty much every position. My only question is how the hell did they lose to Iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I don't think he understands how predictable he is, that is fine when you are playing Indiana State but not a team with better talent. It is Entz's job to see that and call him on it, show him how he would attack Tyler's offense. I wonder really how much scouting we do on oursleves at this point.
    We can't be...or this is why Entz thinks the defense is still good. Any anecdotes of them just out and out dominating in practice? Or maybe it's the inverse...the defense has fallen so much, it make TR look good in practice. You know something is amiss. And then not even trying to plug in young guys. Leads me to believe the staff has lost their way in some fashion: recruiting, scheme, general awareness of the situation

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Much better players. At pretty much every position. My only question is how the hell did they lose to Iowa?
    I asked this same question early lol Only thing is that Gronowski was still shaking the cobwebs off? Their team reminded me of our 19 team, just loaded with talent at all positions. They have found some gems in-state, much as we have.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Congrats to SDSU, the best team won. We need to improve on both sides of the line, that's where the game was lost. They have overtaken us there and we need to get the advantage back. They have the better QB play as well, Cam is capable if the line and running game are better but we need improved play from him as well. Roehl and company need to get the passing offense going early next season can't just keep relying on power running anymore. Braun and the defensive coaches need to get these LBers in better position and improve tackling overall.

Everyone is like "Great season, we got to Frisco." Reality is its easier to get to Frisco with JMU, Georgia Southern and Sam Houston gone and a watered down league. Sam Houston made it all the time and got beat down most years. Do we want to be Sam Houston?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Injured WR Raja Nelson, RB TaMerick Williams, Backup QB Cole Payton, TE Noah Gindorff, RT Mason Miller, FB/RB Hunter Luepke, DT Eli Mostaert Portal WR Phoenix Sproles, RB Dominic Gonnella, WR DJ Hart, CB Marques Sigle, CB Britton Pascoe Questionable DE Spencer Waege

Jasir Cox Josh Hayes FBS

yes we still got 2nd in this PUD division
    Raja, TaMerick and Cole injuries were a non factor so you can stop there. Mason and Noah have been out forever and the team should have been able to adjust by now even though we apparently only have one TE left on the roster. Sure missed out on the 1 reception for 6 yards and -11 yds rushing from Phoenix. Gonnella would have given us another 27 yds rushing on 5 attempts. DJ was apparently a slightly better Sproles. I had more playing time than Pascoe. Never any issue Waege after the Montana game that was 1.5 months ago. Hunter and Eli (who played) were the only guys that were reasonable worries so you can cut the shit.
    Quit bringing up Jasir! He hasn’t been here in over a year and the staff had all the time in the world to fill that spot with the portal but didn’t.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

You’ve got a long way yet to fall to know how we feel. You are still the program everyone wants to be like.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Everyone is like "Great season, we got to Frisco." Reality is its easier to get to Frisco with JMU, Georgia Southern and Sam Houston gone and a watered down league. Sam Houston made it all the time and got beat down most years. Do we want to be Sam Houston?
    In every year there were only 1-4 teams with any chance to win a title. Montana State and Incarnate Word may be just as good as the teams that moved up.
    It's OK to not be OK.