Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Sycamore Tuff View Post
    You’ve got a long way yet to fall to know how we feel. You are still the program everyone wants to be like.
    We've fallen before - they changed the rules on us, but still. We need to be careful and critical of ourselves or history is due to repeated itself.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I’m drunk and this hurts far less highly recommended.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    In every year there were only 1-4 teams with any chance to win a title. Montana State and Incarnate Word may be just as good as the teams that moved up.
    Incarnate Word was a 1 year wonder. Montana State is maybe as good as Sam Houston but not a serious threat

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Our front 7 wasnt really injured. All of our linebackers started the season and we added Wiesniewski and Kopp. Our starting corners and safties were experienced vetetans. Our DTs were the same starters we had week 1 and we got Will Moestart back and developed his replacement Kody Huisman

DEs we simply didnt have that dominant pass rusher like Menard, Tuszka, Brayden Thomas, Cole Jirek.

Problem is a 6-1 DT and 6-1 DE. We are short and the tall guys arent quick
    Not just size, but depth as well. Bison used to be able to rotate 7-8 guys on the front 4 and had a very good LB group. Now the depth is gone and it's showing. Next year is Entz's first with almost entirely his own recruits.

IMO the recruiting has fallen off and there might be a red flag peeking out if there's anything close to this many injuries next season. Something might not be clicking any longer between Kramer and Entz and workload.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I’m drunk and this hurts far less highly recommended.
    Does that Joose come in flavors?
    Don't believe everything you think.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yep. They adjusted their style to beat us. Maybe we need to adjust to beat them. Our defense is good enough to beat most of the watered down FCS, but not vs a power running team. It should be a wakeup call or SDSU will continue to dominate and they will run for 300
    Not versus a balanced offense. SDSU defense was playing downhill because we made ourselves one dimensional.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Not just size, but depth as well. Bison used to be able to rotate 7-8 guys on the front 4 and had a very good LB group. Now the depth is gone and it's showing. Next year is Entz's first with almost entirely his own recruits.

IMO the recruiting has fallen off and there might be a red flag peeking out if there's anything close to this many injuries next season. Something might not be clicking any longer between Kramer and Entz and workload.
    The transfer portal has hit us pretty hard. It hits other teams hard too, but we are 1. close to the team so we see it and 2. expected to win championships so it hits double hard trying to replace a top 5 player on a top 2 team year after year, especially on defense.

We are always going to be a target - can we adapt? I'm not convinced Entz is the guy I want at the helm navigating rough waters. He has never given me the warm fuzzies like Klieman did day 1. Entz almost seems like he was anointed and it was his turn - he is a status quo coach, not a visionary. Sort of like Matt Larsen at AD.

Another question: Entz's defenses were good when Klieman was here...how much of that was actually Entz? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but maybe I'm wrong.

If Glen Taylor is still AD when Klieman leaves, does he make the Entz hire? The answer would tell you a lot, but we will never know.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Not versus a balanced offense. SDSU defense was playing downhill because we made ourselves one dimensional.
    This Bison team struggled to stop the Drake run game

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Should probably tell the NCAA of that fact, he just played a large role for KSU in a NY6 bowl. But what do I know.
    Actually, I think Josh got owned by 'bama in that game but yeah, he was definitely not out of eligibility.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post

We lack stars and impact players. You know, a player where you think wow, that's a big time player.

You know, like a Jabril Cox, Christian Watson, Trey Lance, Nick DeLuca, John Crockett, Kyle Emmanual. etc. Who are the stars next year?