Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Not sure if this was posted yet. But this is a must watch.
    https://www.tiktok.com/@stanbecton/v...ibextid=S66gvF
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

One thing about sustaining success that no program besides NDSU has experienced given our run, is being able to coach and recruit at the same time during a long playoff run. Coach Bohl and Kleiman talked about this frequently. Yes, the recruiting timeframe and rules have changed and the portal is another game changer recently, but while NDSU was playing in Frisco and deep playoff runs, other teams were out recruiting hard.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    ?? Minneapolis has always been our recruiting area.
    It was Belquist or DJ Hart... and here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    But what you also saw in the Marker game was our Offense’s ability to score in creative ways, a lot of it through the air. We saw success against the best we played this year when we flipped our Offensive script on them. D played well that day, too.
    We had success yesterday throwing the ball too. Sure, Cam had some mistakes and bad throws...but also we were down 3+ scores so I'm sure he was forcing it. Conventional wisdom says change your strategy going into the game knowing your opponent is gearing up to stop your strengths(Stig said pregame "control QB run game" and they win. Duh, one dimensional) and we stick to our guns with a 3 week lead up. We looked at the UIW game, previous SDSU game and said "Nah, I think we are good". Really? We completed one pass against UIW and figured that was going to get it done against the best run defense in the nation? That's why there needs to be accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    We have won 9 Championships since 2011. Nine. We could have lost a few of those along the way...but we pulled them out. We were in trouble with injuries and lost in the semis to a very good James Madison team. This year, we really had a down year and made it to the championship still. SDSU was loaded. We were missing loads of talent due to injury and transfer. Even with that, I would think SDSU was still better this year. This loss stings about as much as I think it could...but we just can't win it all every single year.

Personally, I think this year showed a lack of focus on fundamentals...mainly defense...wrap up tackling. I don't think the LB core recovered from losing Cox. On offense, we have had two wide receivers in recent history that were difference makers...and we didn't have one this year. Really hoping some of our redshirts pan out. I've always wondered why a really good receiver would ever want to come here anyway. Losing Gindorf again really sucked. I'm really tired of the running back by committee through the season.

This was a down year...feels a lot like 2016. Really sucks...especially since it is to the Jacks...but life will go on. I'll still take our 9 vs their 1.
    So...coaching? Sounds like we all agree coaching has regressed.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    We had success yesterday throwing the ball too. Sure, Cam had some mistakes and bad throws...but also we were down 3+ scores so I'm sure he was forcing it. Conventional wisdom says change your strategy going into the game knowing your opponent is gearing up to stop your strengths(Stig said pregame "control QB run game" and they win. Duh, one dimensional) and we stick to our guns with a 3 week lead up. We looked at the UIW game, previous SDSU game and said "Nah, I think we are good". Really? We completed one pass against UIW and figured that was going to get it done against the best run defense in the nation? That's why there needs to be accountability.

So...coaching? Sounds like we all agree coaching has regressed.
    I have given out too much rep in 24 hrs, sorry, EZ…

100% agree. Look what happened when we passed, too… it opened the run game. This is basic stuff and the more I think about it the more it pisses me off.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Post i was commenting on said sproles vs belquist.

No program is perfect in recruiting, and yes Belquist would have been nice. Ndsu will always have to get skill players outside of North Dakota much like sdsu does with Illinois and Missouri. A recruiting miss from Georgia is the same as a miss from wisconsin or minnesota. That being said that 2020 recruiting class looks horrific

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    Post i was commenting on said sproles vs belquist.

No program is perfect in recruiting, and yes Belquist would have been nice. Ndsu will always have to get skill players outside of North Dakota much like sdsu does with Illinois and Missouri. A recruiting miss from Georgia is the same as a miss from wisconsin or minnesota. That being said that 2020 recruiting class looks horrific
    It was actually Raja Nelson or Bo Belquist. DJ Hart was a late signing period kid. Sproles was in the 2018 recruiting class. Nelson, Hart, and Belquist are 2020 recruiting class.

SDSU’s last TD pass looked very similar to the Stick/Sheppard TD against JMU. Is it possible Stig got a dig in on Entz and Roehl? Like hey, remember you used to run this play/pattern?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    SDSU’s last TD pass looked very similar to the Stick/Sheppard TD against JMU. Is it possible Stig got a dig in on Entz and Roehl? Like hey, remember you used to run this play/pattern?
    He swept the leg just like any real man should have. No mercy. I'm envious of what he has and did yesterday. Pretty impressive what he's built.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Stig's only concern was "open kill-shot".