Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    It's a weird thing because it seems like we are getting highly enough rated recruits, but it seems like the puzzle pieces don't fit together or something. We prided ourselves on finding kids that "fit"...clearly what SDSU has been doing too. Are we still doing that? Or drinking too much of our own koolaid?
    Flying over a large portion of our old recruiting area for highly rated kids. Does that cause any “fit” issues? I’m not sure but it’s worth looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Flying over a large portion of our old recruiting area for highly rated kids. Does that cause any “fit” issues? I’m not sure but it’s worth looking at.
    Yep. A guy like Belquist was sitting there and we got Phoenix Sproles

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Which came first, less Bison fan interest (see the domes empty seats, more blue than gold in Frisco today) or the obvious decline in player talent? Seems to me its a general decline of both, which means the program is descending rather than ascending.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Which came first, less Bison fan interest (see the domes empty seats, more blue than gold in Frisco today) or the obvious decline in player talent? Seems to me its a general decline of both, which means the program is descending rather than ascending.
    Its boredom. Its actually not the star talent. We will continue to win due to a mediocre FCS unless SDSU gets in our way. Look at the name of the team we faced in the semis? Incarnate Word? Fans want JMU, Sam Houston, Georgia Southetn, etc. The FCS isnt what it was when we joined when there were teams like Appalachian State. One of our strengths is our style... thatis boring

We know only 1 team will get in our way. If all depends which side of thr bracket they are on

Fans turned out for Frisco. SDSU really turned out. This was their 1st. Weve done it 9 times

Gotta move up. Extra scholarships will help get some stars to conpete against better teams. Fans will be excited again. If we beat Indiana State 60-0 or 24-21, its still Indiana State
    Last edited by HerdBot; 01-09-2023 at 02:43 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    ?? Minneapolis has always been our recruiting area.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    I think a lot of the kids we used to get as walk-ons are being offered(smartly) by our in-state conference member. Or focus too much on flipping national G5-offered players instead of splitting that scholly multiple ways for kids from the area.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I mean, Sproles was in our traditional recruiting footprint, a kid from MN is the same as an ND kid, let's not get it twisted. Also, Sproles was decent his first two years.

On the bright side, they played this game on Week 18 NFL playoff push, so no one saw it lol
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A pox on whatever season ticketholder sold their allotment to 6 bunny fans who sat behind me. Foul language, intentionally spilling beer on us, denigrating our team and school, etc. Classless fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by 80ALUM View Post
    A pox on whatever season ticketholder sold their allotment to 6 bunny fans who sat behind me. Foul language, intentionally spilling beer on us, denigrating our team and school, etc. Classless fan base.
    Repost all the live long fucking day.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Fuck it coussin fucking drunks with their stupid madcot. Next year cole Payton qb power
    What's this weird "cousin fucking" thing? North Dakota is equally if not more hick than South Dakota and likely always will be.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I think a lot of the kids we used to get as walk-ons are being offered(smartly) by our in-state conference member. Or focus too much on flipping national G5-offered players instead of splitting that scholly multiple ways for kids from the area.

I mean, Sproles was in our traditional recruiting footprint, a kid from MN is the same as an ND kid, let's not get it twisted. Also, Sproles was decent his first two years.

On the bright side, they played this game on Week 18 NFL playoff push, so no one saw it lol
    No reason to take Sproles over a kid like Belquist. You get the best kids from home. Belquist is ten times the player Sproles was and he was the second he got to UND
    College of Business Alumnus