Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    That would be a stupid question actually. They were just in the title game. They weren’t 2-10.
    Tackling? Been a huge issue all year. Play calling has become very predictable all year. Head coach keeps saying how field goals will never win you games. Then he threw the kickers under the bus by answering tge question of " why didnt you kick a FG there?" and his answer was " gave you seen our kicking game"? My opinion the direction is going backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    Tackling? Been a huge issue all year. Play calling has become very predictable all year. Head coach keeps saying how field goals will never win you games. Then he threw the kickers under the bus by answering tge question of " why didnt you kick a FG there?" and his answer was " gave you seen our kicking game"? My opinion the direction is going backwards.
    Exactly! that is not what a leader would or should say.
    "Our plan of operation is to advance and keep on advancing. We're going to go through the enemy like shit through a tinhorn." - Patton

And sorry for typos...too many stage 4 cancer treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    If losing four in a row to your enemy is not a wakeup call, nothing is, we dismiss their wins against us because its their "Super Bowl." Well, we just lost THE Super Bowl to them.
    Yep. They adjusted their style to beat us. Maybe we need to adjust to beat them. Our defense is good enough to beat most of the watered down FCS, but not vs a power running team. It should be a wakeup call or SDSU will continue to dominate and they will run for 300

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Injured WR Raja Nelson, RB TaMerick Williams, Backup QB Cole Payton, TE Noah Gindorff, RT Mason Miller, FB/RB Hunter Luepke, DT Eli Mostaert Portal WR Phoenix Sproles, RB Dominic Gonnella, WR DJ Hart, CB Marques Sigle, CB Britton Pascoe Questionable DE Spencer Waege

Jasir Cox Josh Hayes FBS

yes we still got 2nd in this PUD division
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Honestly, next year is make or break. We need to see improvement - and I don't mean W/L. I mean, we need to see these errors correct, coordinators changing, etc.

I get that it has been some tough circumstances since Entz taken over - COVID year, Lance leaving, new portal ruiles...but other teams seem to be weathering it just fine. We are on top of the hill, our best players are always going to have options - are we doing enough to talk to players about this? Or have we changed our recruiting so much that, while we are getting "better" players, we are sacrificing the kids that WANT to be here. Losing 3 players during the season that were contributors is a weird thing - I wouldn't be surprised if it can be traced back to Dom being upset with his playing time. Either way...some fault lies with the staff, even if you couldn't have changed it.
    Very much share your concern, but anyone getting fired after just making a title game would be unheard of IMO, despite the spanking today

That said, ME needs to take a long hard look in the fucking mirror. Right now it does indeed seem to point the way you suggest, but I don't pretend to know the details of the inner workings of the program

What this program has done over the last decade is next to impossible, and ME has played a large role in that. It is very hard to keep your head with so many hunting for it, and the bunnies copied us to a T. Except for the classy fan part ...

Talked to CAS after the game, he was very dejected.....

I dunno. I don't see SDSU getting many players over NDSU, so I guess this is all injuries? I don't buy the coaching bullshit; SDSU had a better roster and it was not really close.

I just don't get it.

He threw the D starters under the bus right before half time too

I mean, I called them out too but I'm just a fucking fan on the internet

Something does seem off and I hope they can fix it. It's lame to blame injuries

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Talked to CAS after the game, he was very dejected.....

I dunno. I don't see SDSU getting many players over NDSU, so I guess this is all injuries? I don't buy the coaching bullshit; SDSU had a better roster and it was not really close.

I just don't get it.
    At the very least a new OC or DC needs to happen or next year will be the same except it will be in the quarter finals or semi's
    "Our plan of operation is to advance and keep on advancing. We're going to go through the enemy like shit through a tinhorn." - Patton

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Injured WR Raja Nelson, RB TaMerick Williams, Backup QB Cole Payton, TE Noah Gindorff, RT Mason Miller, FB/RB Hunter Luepke, DT Eli Mostaert Portal WR Phoenix Sproles, RB Dominic Gonnella, WR DJ Hart, CB Marques Sigle, CB Britton Pascoe Questionable DE Spencer Waege

Jasir Cox Josh Hayes FBS

yes we still got 2nd in this PUD division
    Hardly any of those guys play defense except Sigle.

Hayes would have been out of eligibility. Pascoe never played a down.

Jasir hurt but wasnt enough.

Out front 7 got killed

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com