Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Another question: Entz's defenses were good when Klieman was here...how much of that was actually Entz? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but maybe I'm wrong.
    This line of inquiry is making me uncomfortable. It needs to be addressed I fear.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Whether they’ve earned or not is debatable but it’s hilarious and pathetic that they do it anyway. Personally I love it.
    If you are good with you are a Bitch bro

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We lack stars and impact players. You know, a player where you think wow, that's a big time player.

You know, like a Jabril Cox, Christian Watson, Trey Lance, Nick DeLuca, John Crockett, Kyle Emmanual. etc. Who are the stars next year?
    Exactly those recruits aren’t walking thru that door bro

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    I’d rather lose like this than a last second td or fg.
    Yes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DAS BISON View Post
    If you are good with you are a Bitch bro
    If I’m a bitch because I’m not offended—actually amused—by a hand gesture, then I’m a bitch I guess. Take care, kiddo.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    The transfer portal has hit us pretty hard. It hits other teams hard too, but we are 1. close to the team so we see it and 2. expected to win championships so it hits double hard trying to replace a top 5 player on a top 2 team year after year, especially on defense.

We are always going to be a target - can we adapt? I'm not convinced Entz is the guy I want at the helm navigating rough waters. He has never given me the warm fuzzies like Klieman did day 1. Entz almost seems like he was anointed and it was his turn - he is a status quo coach, not a visionary. Sort of like Matt Larsen at AD.

Another question: Entz's defenses were good when Klieman was here...how much of that was actually Entz? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but maybe I'm wrong.

If Glen Taylor is still AD when Klieman leaves, does he make the Entz hire? The answer would tell you a lot, but we will never know.
    I'm not buying the transfer portal excuse. The portal taketh yet also giveth, and if the coaching staff cannot adapt, they should be sent packing. All schools deal with it.

After Mays/Humber/Maresh at LB, we still were able to replace their departure with Olson, Beck, Evans, etc. Not so much anymore.

The dynamic/ difference-maker athletes that used to be recruited aren't landing at NDSU anymore, or at least not in the same numbers.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We lack stars and impact players. You know, a player where you think wow, that's a big time player.

You know, like a Jabril Cox, Christian Watson, Trey Lance, Nick DeLuca, John Crockett, Kyle Emmanual. etc. Who are the stars next year?
    And even with that we had multiples previously. Now it's just hope for one here or there.

Mays/Humber/Maresh, Olson/Beck/Evans, etc.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    I'm not buying the transfer portal excuse. The portal taketh yet also giveth, and if the coaching staff cannot adapt, they should be sent packing. All schools deal with it.

After Mays/Humber/Maresh at LB, we still were able to replace their departure with Olson, Beck, Evans, etc. Not so much anymore.

The dynamic/ difference-maker athletes that used to be recruited aren't landing at NDSU anymore, or at least not in the same numbers.
    It's a weird thing because it seems like we are getting highly enough rated recruits, but it seems like the puzzle pieces don't fit together or something. We prided ourselves on finding kids that "fit"...clearly what SDSU has been doing too. Are we still doing that? Or drinking too much of our own koolaid?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

And how many potentially great senior high school football players watched today's game? Which school would they choose? A well-coached team with a good play book or an embarrassing, poorly coached clumsy team which can't get out of its own way. I could barely watch this game and I am a loyal alumna. Heads either need to roll or clean house. Tough love. Sick of this. And I am not a fair-weather fan. I will stick through thick and thin but cannot stomach poor coaching. I think a letter to Entz/Larson is in order.

I apologize. Didn’t mean you were talking about hand gesture. Thought you were good with an ass bounding. Kiddo that’s funny.
    F