Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. SDSU (FCS National Championship)

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. SDSU (FCS National Championship)

Hopefully Entz can learn from Kirby Smart. Here is what he said about Georgia trying to 3 peat.

"I do think it’s going to be much tougher,” Smart said, according to Action Network’s Brett McMurphy. “And I do think we’re going to have to reinvent ourselves next year because you can’t just stay the same. It’s easy to get comfortable. And comfortable does not win
    .”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...hamps.amp.html

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Don’t assume that they know what they are doing just because of title. Anyone who works in any professional field with other “professionals” knows what I am talking about.
    HAHAHAHA, exactly.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    can we beat with SDSU with Cam as QB?
    Can we beat SDSU with Entz as HC should be the question. Because I’m not so sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Agree with this. I’ll also say, that despite the similar QB stats, Cam’s misses and our entire pass package sucked in comparison to SDSU’s.

I mentioned before Sunday that our receivers are neither running crisp patterns, striving to get open (as in unfettered determination) nor exploding of the ball.

I’m thinking it’s analogous to looking at yourself in the mirror everyday. Unless you critically analyze yourself, you don’t see the changes/issues. I feel our staff isn’t looking in the mirror and reflecting on WTF we are actually doing or not doing on the field.

Don’t assume that they know what they are doing just because of title. Anyone who works in any professional field with other “professionals” knows what I am talking about.
    Entz needs to get better. Clock management, situational awareness, player management. There are clinics that coaches go to to get better.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

And maybe the coaches should get back to being the one running the team. It felt like there was a group of players that have/had more influence than they should.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Entz needs to get better. Clock management, situational awareness, player management. There are clinics that coaches go to to get better.
    Agree, the question is if Entz and our other coaches are humble enough to realize they need this.
    The first step to fixing a problem is understanding you have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Hopefully Entz can learn from Kirby Smart. Here is what he said about Georgia trying to 3 peat.

"I do think it’s going to be much tougher,” Smart said, according to Action Network’s Brett McMurphy. “And I do think we’re going to have to reinvent ourselves next year because you can’t just stay the same. It’s easy to get comfortable. And comfortable does not win
    .”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...hamps.amp.html
    Our coaching staff needs this type of awareness.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Agree, the question is if Entz and our other coaches are humble enough to realize they need this.
    The first step to fixing a problem is understanding you have a problem.
    Most people have professions in which they have to get better every year. Coaching is no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    Our coaching staff needs this type of awareness.
    I think Entz is aware. He mentioned having to be more balanced and improving the passing game in the final football show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I think Entz is aware. He mentioned having to be more balanced and improving the passing game in the final football show.
    Yep. I noticed that too. He mentioned that a few times. With TR as OC I will believe when I see it. TR still reminds me of Polasek.

Dewey