Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread:

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I think your google maps overshot your destination by a little bit.
    Ha, true! But don’t worry, you know where you can find me on Sunday

Just got into our hotel in Wichita. Get through South Dakota and I’m telling you it starts to feel like every other trip to Frisco!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

I had to drive to Fargo from Sioux Falls this morning (Wednesday) at 9:30 AM and it took roughly 5 1/2 hours, usually about a 3 hour trip. The roads were very snow packed and icy all the way to SD/ND border. Just made the trip back from Fargo to Sioux Falls at 3:15 PM and the roads were much better, it took me 4 hours, so still more than my normal 3 hour trip at 85 mph. I experienced bad ice right by Brookings for about 15 miles and as we got back to Sioux Falls. Safe travels everyone! I agree with other posts that south of Sioux Falls it should be clear.

So basically, South Dakota sucks and life in general gets instantly better the second you leave it? Sounds about right.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Weren’t able to give our usual obligatory wave/one finger salute/“if you need me for anything I’ll be in Frisco watching the Bison play”etc. on our way by the city of Brookings. This one has a different vibe for sure and I’m going to love it. Should be a great trip and looking forward to running into Bunny fans along the way and in Texas.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    So basically, South Dakota sucks and life in general gets instantly better the second you leave it? Sounds about right.
    Pretty much, yeah. Topeka for the night.

Quote Originally Posted by 17>1 View Post
    Weren’t able to give our usual obligatory wave/one finger salute/“if you need me for anything I’ll be in Frisco watching the Bison play”etc. on our way by the city of Brookings. This one has a different vibe for sure and I’m going to love it. Should be a great trip and looking forward to running into Bunny fans along the way and in Texas.
    Anyone have a guess on what the split will be between Bison/Bunny fans?

50/50? 60/40?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by ndsu92 View Post
    anyone have a guess on what the split will be between bison/bunny fans?

50/50? 60/40?
    65/35 ndsu

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    65/35 ndsu
    I would love it if that was the case...but I just don't see it.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    65/35 ndsu
    I'm thinking this is what it'll be. I don't think that many bunny fans bought in the presale. Hell they have more tickets in their allotment for sale on AXS than our allotment. There's a lot that wanted to go but got put off by high third party ticket prices. From multiple sources, ticket sales have been soft this year. Usually that is the other team playing catchup because NDSU fans bought out the presale.

They had approx. 6k for all three home playoff games. I doubt they're bringing more than that to Frisco. A good chunk have already been and got to experience the spring "championship". I'm sure that experience wasn't enough to bring everyone back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I'm thinking this is what it'll be. I don't think that many bunny fans bought in the presale. Hell they have more tickets in their allotment for sale on AXS than our allotment. There's a lot that wanted to go but got put off by high third party ticket prices. From multiple sources, ticket sales have been soft this year. Usually that is the other team playing catchup because NDSU fans bought out the presale.

They had approx. 6k for all three home playoff games. I doubt they're bringing more than that to Frisco. A good chunk have already been and got to experience the spring "championship". I'm sure that experience wasn't enough to bring everyone back.
    Anecdotal for sure but my wife is from SD and has a ton of family that are SDSU fans... they were at a fever pitch about tickets the first few days after the semifinal asking us if we knew of any or what advice we had for finding some - it died down after that and now I'm not sure if any of them who were interested are actually going. To be fair the NDSU peeps on her side also initially showed some interest as well since it was NDSU/SDSU but they ended up not going either.