Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread:

Default Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread:

Well, the yearly tradition continues with another Bison Nation pilgrimage to Fargo South aka Frisco, TX. Always love hearing about stories from the road, airport, or however fans are getting their butts down there. Share your pics of flags at the Texas border, road conditions, shots on the bus, or 6 am bloodys at the airport! Might be crazy this year for those driving sharing hundreds of miles of interstate with Bunny fans. Safe travels to all for the best reunion of the year! The march is on!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Default Re: Official Roadtrip to the Championship Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Well, the yearly tradition continues with another Bison Nation pilgrimage to Fargo South aka Frisco, TX. Always love hearing about stories from the road, airport, or however fans are getting their butts down there. Share your pics of flags at the Texas border, road conditions, shots on the bus, or 6 am bloodys at the airport! Might be crazy this year for those driving sharing hundreds of miles of interstate with Bunny fans. Safe travels to all for the best reunion of the year! The march is on!!
    You forgot the good natured ribbing of bunnies on the way down....

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Was/am planning on leaving today after work, but that isn't looking real great for driving down I-29. Currently seeing it as closed from Brookings to Sioux Falls and no travel advised over the entire southeast corner of the state.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 17>1 View Post
    Was/am planning on leaving today after work, but that isn't looking real great for driving down I-29. Currently seeing it as closed from Brookings to Sioux Falls and no travel advised over the entire southeast corner of the state.
    Their one snowplow can work only so fast.

Leaving tomorrow afternoon and hoping it's cleared a path by then.

Apparently Sioux Falls airport is shut down today as well.

At least all of the construction on I-29 near Omaha is finished according to google maps. We're heading down from Fargo on Thursday.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    At least all of the construction on I-29 near Omaha is finished according to google maps. We're heading down from Fargo on Thursday.
    Drove south through Omaha/Council Bluffs on Sunday. You still need to leave I-29 and drive through residential Council Bluffs in order to get back I-29 south (which is what google maps recommended to us)

I don't follow the official detour signs anymore in Omaha/Council Bluffs, because in the past they had you take a major detour on I-80 that added a lot of time and miles to the trip (not sure if they are still doing that).

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Looks like Google sends you on 480 over to US75 (freeway at that point through Omaha). Showing a closed symbol just south of I-480 intersection.

Are they still working on the I-29-I-80 intersection or is it the I-480 intersection? Cripes they were working on I-80 one when we went down there in 2014! Whoever decided shifting I-29 to the west to go around council bluffs made a huge error there, would seem to make more sense to keep it east. Could have avoided the 2 mile long intersection of interstates there. Still could have had a leg off I-29 to where I-480 is now.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Decided to stick around Fargo until tomorrow. I see I-29 is opened now between Brookings and Sioux Falls, but no travel advisory remains in effect. Thinking we’ll be up by 5 or 6am and see what things are looking like south of us. Would much rather drive through that stuff during daylight anyway. Adjusting itinerary on the fly is all a part of winter travel.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1