Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2023 LPGA season

Default Re: Amy Olson 2023 LPGA season

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Um, did you ever listen to Jemele Hill? I haven't watched ESPN for a long time other than live sports so I don't remember specific examples, but it's precisely why I stopped watching. I used to watch ESPN for hours on an average week.

You don't have to agree with me, that's fine.
    She’s not at ESPN anymore. Hasn’t been for a while. Sage Steel is still there though (until today. No one here should feel bad about not knowing how the 1st amendment works. She’s in the media and she doesn’t understand it either). Also, Jim Harbaugh seems to have no trouble getting his message out there.

Amy’s had a microphone in front of her plenty over the last 8 years or whatever it is. I don’t think she’s ever pretended to be anyone other than herself but this sure seems like another level to me. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that it happened when it did. She knows what she’s doing.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    It is a cool story and an interesting one. Surely most of us must applaud her competitiveness. However when the tale veered off into religious and political views then the editors clearly made the decision that the story no longer fit in their coverage space. This is their right. One wonders if instead she had expressed pro-choice or pro-islamic views would the editors have made a similar decision? I'm guessing yes. It seems that, much like the moderators of this very platform prefer that the topics remain focused on all things NDSU and closely related, the editors of Golf whatever prefer (nee demand) that their content remain squarely golf focused.

It's not a first amendment issue. The notion of a free press means they have the right to publish and/or not publish whatever they choose without interference or censor (short of slander, defamation, libel, etc.) If this writer feels so strongly that the story is not complete without being presented as written then he is totally free to publish it on his own.

Just to illustrate, each of us as posters here are analogous to the writer in this story. We contribute content to Bisonville. The moderators, functioning loosely as editors, are free to censor that speech when they find it offensive or out of bounds. Isn't that right Chapo-Lakes? There is no entity and/or person however that is free to dictate to those moderators what they can and cannot allow with the possible exception of the hosting platform on which Bisonville resides. After that there is not higher authority that can enforce censorship.
    I thought just that as I was reading the story. If she would have stuck to golf and the challenges of pregnancy there wouldnt have been any issue.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Unfortunately it needs to be said these days so I am going to say it. Shout out to @Gully and @heffray for a respectful adult conversation about something controversial that shouldn't be. Kudos to you both gentlemen. The rest of us should aspire to this.
    Kind words. I won’t speak for Gully, but I will say that I know for a fact that good and sincere people exist on both sides of today’s political divide. I wake up every morning and I just try to be a better person every day and be kind to as many people as I can with the hopes that it will impact others to do the same.

I choose to believe that others out there are trying to do the same thing as me. Not always easy (or true), but it makes daily living a whole lot better.

Feel free to subscribe.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Kind words. I won’t speak for Gully, but I will say that I know for a fact that good and sincere people exist on both sides of today’s political divide. I wake up every morning and I just try to be a better person every day and be kind to as many people as I can with the hopes that it will impact others to do the same.

I choose to believe that others out there are trying to do the same thing as me. Not always easy (or true), but it makes daily living a whole lot better.

Feel free to subscribe.
    Well said. We can agree on that, 100%.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Hear hear Pucknut. The mass media and “journalism” are lock step and nothing has changed re their trash for cash, other than it keeps getting worse year after year and decade after decade. Good for this individual for following his conscience and having the integrity to choose to write an accurate and complete account, even to the point of it costing him his job. Here is to his finding something better, and for it to all work out for him.
    Totally agree Mangy. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post

Feel free to subscribe.
    I knew it. This "I'm a nice guy who only wants civil discussion" was just a ruse to get us to subscribe to something. I'm sure he will say this subscription is free...but let's be honest, you have to pay to play. I bet Gully was in on this from the beginning.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I knew it. This "I'm a nice guy who only wants civil discussion" was just a ruse to get us to subscribe to something. I'm sure he will say this subscription is free...but let's be honest, you have to pay to play. I bet Gully was in on this from the beginning.
    darnit....you're on to me!
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Ads and ad-ons is the name of the game, TAB… surely you of all people, and those with gigantic Bison tattoos, know that…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

IMG_0931.jpg

We need to go back. Andy of Mayberry back.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

"I’ve played six other U.S. Opens in my career, and I never received the attention — especially leading up to the tournament — that I did this year. So, to me, that tells me that our culture intuitively knows there is something special and that life does matter even before it's born. So, to me, it was like, 'OK, I have a renewed faith in humanity.’ And that was exciting for me."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lpga-...faith-humanity