Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FBS semifinals

Default FBS semifinals

A couple of interesting calls in the Michigan / TCU game. I only saw one replay but it looked to me like the Michigan receiver didn't have clear possession until he was in the end zone. If you don't have possession, how can you be "down" at the 1? Isn't that a TD? I feel like it should be like on the sideline, even if you begin to catch it in bounds, if you don't clearly possess it until you're out of bounds, it's incomplete.

Unless the possession rule is different for some reason at the goal line? If so, that doesn't seem at all intuitive.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: FBS semifinals

No difference here that involves the goal line. Ball is dead where he gains control when any body part besides hands or feet is touching the ground. Haven't seen a great view of it yet, but first glance that looked like a Stands call for replay. Curious to see other replays.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

They didn't let one of the replays go long enough to see, but I think the Michigan WR might have actually not been down until the 4 YL instead of the 6 YL since he landed on top of the defender. In any event, settled for a FG.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    They didn't let one of the replays go long enough to see, but I think the Michigan WR might have actually not been down until the 4 YL instead of the 6 YL since he landed on top of the defender. In any event, settled for a FG.
    Sorry, I should have clarified, I'm referring to a different play, which just happened now on Michigan's first drive of the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    If the LTG isn't involved, a spot is not reviewable. This was a question of runner down or not, but if he had been ruled down at the 20 but he wasn't and ran to the 5 there is nothing replay can do because the whistle was blown. They do have the exception in replay regarding the immediate recovery of a fumble, but that doesn't apply here.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If the LTG isn't involved, a spot is not reviewable. This was a question of runner down or not, but if he had been ruled down at the 20 but he wasn't and ran to the 5 there is nothing replay can do because the whistle was blown. They do have the exception in replay regarding the immediate recovery of a fumble, but that doesn't apply here.

Got it. I wasn't necessarily arguing they should review it...just saying I'm not sure the spot was correct.

Man, I think they got the one correct, but if you're a Michigan fan, it has to feel like every close call is going against you. It just rubs salt in the wounds of the earlier TD reversal and the two questionable spots. At least they got the TD.

TCU's offense is on a roll, so it may not matter.

The replay official has more tough decisions in that game than you may have in a season. They mentioned it was collaborative so not sure who was involved there. They may have driven some of those decisions. Several very close calls that would be debated regardless.

amazing games wow

even w targeting call Michigan isn't scoring w 25 secs left

OSU playing an away game
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Last TD by OSU was a thing of beauty and a play we could run given Kobe’s speed and that we have same formation/personnel grouping in our playbook. Have to have WRs explode off ball and clear safeties tho, which we don’t do very well of late (re: WRs exploding off snap).
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.