Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CyPanth is back! And he's a Georgia Southern fan now!

Default CyPanth is back! And he's a Georgia Southern fan now!

So CyPanth was having trouble starting a thread. The account looked OK so I don't know what is going on (I suggested making sure that the checkbox under the user name is checked when logging in.)

I said that I'd start this thread. From what I can gather from the title, CyPanth has been away and probably wants to change his user name to CyPanthEagle.

Default Re: CyPanth is back! And he's a Georgia Southern fan now!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    So CyPanth was having trouble starting a thread. The account looked OK so I don't know what is going on (I suggested making sure that the checkbox under the user name is checked when logging in.)

I said that I'd start this thread. From what I can gather from the title, CyPanth has been away and probably wants to change his user name to CyPanthEagle.
    It's nice to have trolls from other forums stop by to visit after not posting for a while ; CyPanth probably just finished combining corn.

He's the man, poor soul stuck in cedar falls...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sorry for the prolonged absence. It has been due to lots of factors, not the least of which is the demise of UNI football and subsequently my interest in FCS football, as well as Iowa State being the best 4-8 team in FBS! However, I have missed you guys.

I've been enjoying what I've been able to see of the Bison in the FCS playoffs. For the record, I was never worried last Friday night against Incarnate Word. It would have been fun to be on the game thread to make fun of the ninnies who for some reason still bail on their team during games after all these years.

My biggest joys in football this year have come from Georgia Southern. I attended their games with Nebraska (RIP Scott Frost), James Madison (RIP #25 rank), and Appalachian State (RIP 'eers). Why Georgia Southern? [Humble brag alert]

Did I mention that my wife's nephew is the QB that Clay Helton brought to Statesboro to replace the triple option with a pro set offense? Currently, he has thrown for 3891 yards which is #6 in the entire FBS (and that is without a conference championship game).

Just imagine sitting on the goal line in the 5th row as Kyle runs a QB keeper for the go-ahead TD with less than a minute left in Lincoln. Or throwing a beautiful fade to beat James Madison late in the 4th Q. Or dropping a dime over the App State coverage to a walk-on receiver to win in 2OT. Bottom line: I show up, Kyle makes a big play at the end for a big win! Who know football was so simple!

So, I don't know how much I'll be able to participate on the venerable BV website, but I hope to hang out some to enjoy vicariously another trip to Frisco, especially as you bring the Bunnies back to reality.

We will be making another trek to Montgomery for Kyle's bowl game. We were there two years ago when he led Buffalo to a victory over Marshall. This time, he is playing his former team. He went to Georgia Southern for his Covid-year.

Hope many of you will be cheering for Georgia Southern on Tuesday. Looking forward to catching up with many of you.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    He's the man, poor soul stuck in cedar falls...

It's worse. I'm stuck in Ames!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

The moment in Lincoln!

KVT_touchdown.max-2400x1350.jpg

My new favorite t-shirt. "We put the L in Lincoln!"

We Put the L in Lincoln.jpg

Whar GSUsTALON?

So, does becoming a Georgia Southern fan make me better or worse in terms of my presence on this site?

It hearkens back to some glory days of FCS. However, it also flaunts a move to FBS. Yet, is the Camellia Bowl against a barely eligible Buffalo team really something to flaunt? Is there still a sense of rivalry that has a residual dislike for anything associated with Georgia Southern?

Bottom line, it seems to give me another interesting point of view from which to interact with Bison fans. And it is really cool to be able to see games from the vantage point of a QB's uncle and debrief games with him.