Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GDT @ St Thomas

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT @ St Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Yeah, our bigs are just bad at passing out of the double team St Thomas is bringing. We can't get small, slow and dribble in the post. Need to be aggressive and quick with a move to the basket.
    WHYYYYYYY aren't the coaches COACHING UP---basket cut when the double comes to the post....make yourself available for the pass.....so dumb and frustrating to watch

also---can't be slow with ball anymore Morgan-----catch ball....read defense and go

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We got away from getting post touches after a couple of turnovers and everything fell apart. We absolutely have to continue to play through the post and work through Grant and Morgan and get them better at passing out of the double team and the rest of the team better at cutting and positioning away from the double team to give them an easy pass out. The reason for the turnovers isn't all on Grant or Andrew, as mentioned above the other guys need to make themselves available instead of just standing around. Sadly, Luke Yoder is the only one who made a cut and got a wide open layup underneath, the rest of the team needs to learn this and that's on the coaching staff. Boden getting T'd up when we were rallying to come back definitely killed the momentum we had and cost us any chance to finish the comeback and win, bonehead move.

The only positives out of this game are that Streit only saw 5 minutes and Dave went to Hastrieter in the rotation instead in the 2nd half, I honestly think that's the move going forward. Also, Morgan was back in the starting lineup and played over 20 minutes, still think he should've played a little more but at least he seems to have gotten out of the doghouse.

Outside of the loss the other bad news is Tajavis Miller didn't play at all in the 2nd half and I'm concerned he may have aggravated his injury, I didn't listen to any postgame stuff as I watched the reply instead of live but was there any mention of what happened to him? He wasn't playing poorly so can't imagine he was just straight up benched. He's easily been our best 3pt threat this season so really need him out there when teams are doubling the post or playing zone.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    2 years ago if you told me we'd get swept by a Western Illinois state Cellar Dweller and a D3 team (2 years ago) I would've laughed you out of the bar....
    I, on the other hand, would have totally believed it.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    We got away from getting post touches after a couple of turnovers and everything fell apart. We absolutely have to continue to play through the post and work through Grant and Morgan and get them better at passing out of the double team and the rest of the team better at cutting and positioning away from the double team to give them an easy pass out. The reason for the turnovers isn't all on Grant or Andrew, as mentioned above the other guys need to make themselves available instead of just standing around. Sadly, Luke Yoder is the only one who made a cut and got a wide open layup underneath, the rest of the team needs to learn this and that's on the coaching staff. Boden getting T'd up when we were rallying to come back definitely killed the momentum we had and cost us any chance to finish the comeback and win, bonehead move.

The only positives out of this game are that Streit only saw 5 minutes and Dave went to Hastrieter in the rotation instead in the 2nd half, I honestly think that's the move going forward. Also, Morgan was back in the starting lineup and played over 20 minutes, still think he should've played a little more but at least he seems to have gotten out of the doghouse.

Outside of the loss the other bad news is Tajavis Miller didn't play at all in the 2nd half and I'm concerned he may have aggravated his injury, I didn't listen to any postgame stuff as I watched the reply instead of live but was there any mention of what happened to him? He wasn't playing poorly so can't imagine he was just straight up benched. He's easily been our best 3pt threat this season so really need him out there when teams are doubling the post or playing zone.
    Running the offense through the post starts with the post entry pass. We are terrible at getting the ball to our bigs while they're actually on the low block. Our guards' entry passes usually force the big to have to move off the block just to catch it. Then everyone stands around and watches the opposing team perform a well-executed double team.

As for Streit losing minutes to Hastrieter, anyone who's watched 5 minutes of this team this year could see this, but it's taken this long for the coaches to change things up?

Finally, even if we get into close game situations, I have zero confidence because we are a bad FT shooting team. So many things are baffling to me.

Also, if we are preaching this so called culture, then Skunberg shouldn't start the next game. The St Thomas announcer was talking about Skunberg's reputation as a "hothead" around the league. Nice job talking shit to the opposition while getting your ass handed to you. Guess Chapo isn't the only one who does that.

All this comes down to basic basketball.
    Last edited by KSBisonFan; 12-22-2022 at 10:35 PM.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

lol St Thomas puts out a highlight tape crushing ndsu.

never thought I'd see this in my lifetime...wtf

https://fb.watch/hAyt4xPmfC/?mibextid=NnVzG8
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Nice highlight reel. Love how we got our butts kicked in someone else's high school gym. A few years ago, NDSU athletics was ascending. Now it is all just so pathetic. Yeah, Summit plus FCS is much better than CUSA.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 12-23-2022 at 07:25 AM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Nice highlight real. Love how we got our butts kicked in someone else's high school gym. A few years ago, NDSU athletics was ascending. Now it is all just so pathetic. Yeah, Summit plus FCS is much better than CUSA.
    haha that is true. and 500 fans at WIU
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Good grief! That's embarrassing!