Thread: 2023 Commit: Collin Knorr

Default 2023 Commit: Collin Knorr

Collin Knorr, 6-4, 210, TE/LB, Coleharbor (South Prairie), ND tight end/linebacker

If you haven't heard of South Prairie, it's probably because it's a new high school near Minot.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2023 Commit: Collin Knorr

Used to just be an elem school school and junior high. If my grandfather's farm was about a mile south, I would have gone there in first and second grade. I think they added the high school several years ago, but not sure exactly when. I remember seeing friends start posting their kids attending South Prairie and Nedrose (former elementary east of Minot) High Schools and wondering when that happened.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Used to just be an elem school school and junior high. If my grandfather's farm was about a mile south, I would have gone there in first and second grade. I think they added the high school several years ago, but not sure exactly when. I remember seeing friends start posting their kids attending South Prairie and Nedrose (former elementary east of Minot) High Schools and wondering when that happened.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    To refresh my memory of Coleharbor I went to google maps street view. Frontage Road switches from summer to winter right around Robinson Street. Winter comes at you fast in Coleharbor.

Want to say middle school started about (edit, I should account for how old I am) ~20 years ago. HS is pretty recent at least within the last 5-7 years. Surprised a kid by Coleharbor would end up at South Prairie though. Pretty good hike from there to South Prairie and drive by 2 schools on the way in a sense. Would assume most of Coleharbor is in Garrison district. Do know they have had issues on the football team the last few years though so that might be part of the reason why since they're now cooped with Velva-Drake-Anamoose. Not even sure where the Max FB players go now.

Not a school but the coop of Central McLean (McClusky, Underwood, Turtle Lake, Mercer) has had a very decent team the past few years. Think they're still 9 man?

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Want to say middle school started about (edit, I should account for how old I am) ~20 years ago. HS is pretty recent at least within the last 5-7 years. Surprised a kid by Coleharbor would end up at South Prairie though. Pretty good hike from there to South Prairie and drive by 2 schools on the way in a sense. Would assume most of Coleharbor is in Garrison district. Do know they have had issues on the football team the last few years though so that might be part of the reason why since they're now cooped with Velva-Drake-Anamoose. Not even sure where the Max FB players go now.

Not a school but the coop of Central McLean (McClusky, Underwood, Turtle Lake, Mercer) has had a very decent team the past few years. Think they're still 9 man?
    Coleharbor is actually in the Central McLean district. I agree weird he ended up going to school there. Garrison is definitely closer as well....

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Coleharbor is actually in the Central McLean district. I agree weird he ended up going to school there. Garrison is definitely closer as well....
    Guess that makes sense too.

In all this what the hell happened to Washburn, never hear diddly about any of their sports nowadays. I mean they still have a school right? Or did I miss something.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In all this what the hell happened to Washburn, never hear diddly about any of their sports nowadays. I mean they still have a school right? Or did I miss something.
    They still do But true they haven't done much in any sport other than Baseball for along time.

yes, they still have a school. They co-op with Wilton/Wing to form the Southern McLean high school football team.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Steve and Margo used to live in south Minot, whick oddly enough is in the South Prairie district. I think they just built a house on or near Lake Audubon, which may explain the Coleharbor address.