Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trey Lance is an Iowa State fan

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Trey Lance is an Iowa State fan

Trey Lance is an Iowa State fan, sort of. On a recent Cyclone Fanatic podcast, I learned that CF made an NIL shirt deal with Tamin Lipsey, Iowa State's freshman starting point guard (who is from Ames High). One of the first orders came from Trey Lance! Apparently Lance and Lipsey's fathers are good friends, as are Trey and Tamin.

Further proof that I belong on Bisonville!

P.S. The relationship might get a bit strained next year when Trey Lance and Iowa State's Brock Purdy battle for the 49-er's QB position.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Trey Lance is an Iowa State fan

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Trey Lance is an Iowa State fan, sort of. On a recent Cyclone Fanatic podcast, I learned that CF made an NIL shirt deal with Tamin Lipsey, Iowa State's freshman starting point guard (who is from Ames High). One of the first orders came from Trey Lance! Apparently Lance and Lipsey's fathers are good friends, as are Trey and Tamin.

Further proof that I belong on Bisonville!

P.S. The relationship might get a bit strained next year when Trey Lance and Iowa State's Brock Purdy battle for the 49-er's QB position.
    Doubt there will be one Purdy has been good and if he has another good playoff outing he is a lock. Probably already has it locked up

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Doubt there will be one Purdy has been good and if he has another good playoff outing he is a lock. Probably already has it locked up
    Purdy has is locked down. The Niners have a system in place for QBs and can plug anyone in

Thats OK, Trey has a bright future. The guy should have been a senior with NDSU this year, just to get a feel for how ridiculously young he was being drafted. His time as a 49er is essentially a longer than normal redshirt and his trade value is high.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Purdy has is locked down. The Niners have a system in place for QBs and can plug anyone in

Thats OK, Trey has a bright future. The guy should have been a senior with NDSU this year, just to get a feel for how ridiculously young he was being drafted. His time as a 49er is essentially a longer than normal redshirt and his trade value is high.
    I don't think his trade value is all that high. Since January 2020 he's started 5 games, and he's only started 21 games total since his high school senior season way back in 2017. Whoever trades for him is taking a bit of a gamble as they are going to have to expect some growing pains, and if that gamble pays off it won't be until near the end of his contract (2 years left for about $20 million). The 49ers would be doing pretty well to get a 2nd round draft pick for him and possibly an additional lower round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    I don't think his trade value is all that high. Since January 2020 he's started 5 games, and he's only started 21 games total since his high school senior season way back in 2017. Whoever trades for him is taking a bit of a gamble as they are going to have to expect some growing pains, and if that gamble pays off it won't be until near the end of his contract (2 years left for about $20 million). The 49ers would be doing pretty well to get a 2nd round draft pick for him and possibly an additional lower round pick.
    In NFL history, Trey is the youngest starter in the NFL in 2022. **one of the youngest drafted since the 1950s**
    NFL loves youth and a guy who can run 23 Mph with a cannon. The same rules dont apply when it comes to potential. He left too early so he needs to develop.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 01-18-2023 at 10:40 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In NFL history, Trey is the youngest QB to ever start a game. **Edit 5th youngest since the 1950s**
    NFL loves youth and a guy who can run 23 Mph with a cannon. The same rules dont apply when it comes to potential. He left too early so he needs to develop.
    Yes he needs to develop. That and what he is going to be paid the next 2 years is why his trade value isn't very high. He absolutely can still succeed in the NFL and I hope he does. But if I'm trading for him I'm very leary of the fact he has started only 21 games since his high school career ended in November 2017, and only 4 of those were in the NFL. Given that he's still got some lumps to take when/if he does get to start again teams aren't going to give up very much for him at this point. I have no doubt there will be a lot of interest because of his potential, but at this point that's all it is....potential. He's in a spot that's tough for him personally as the 49ers don't save all that much money against the cap even if they do trade him which decreases the chances of a trade, and if he does stay with the 49ers Purdy has completely secured the starting role.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    Yes he needs to develop. That and what he is going to be paid the next 2 years is why his trade value isn't very high. He absolutely can still succeed in the NFL and I hope he does. But if I'm trading for him I'm very leary of the fact he has started only 21 games since his high school career ended in November 2017, and only 4 of those were in the NFL. Given that he's still got some lumps to take when/if he does get to start again teams aren't going to give up very much for him at this point. I have no doubt there will be a lot of interest because of his potential, but at this point that's all it is....potential. He's in a spot that's tough for him personally as the 49ers don't save all that much money against the cap even if they do trade him which decreases the chances of a trade, and if he does stay with the 49ers Purdy has completely secured the starting role.
    When you play one season, its not suprising. Some really great QBs started young and peaked later. Matthew Stafford comes to mind. He threw 20 picks as a rookie

Either way he earned 35 million guaranteed so if he never plays again, he won at life

From what I’m hearing, he needs to develop more than just his physical game. He is emotionally and mentally very immature. Surprised Lakes and others aren’t on this “news” already.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    From what I’m hearing, he needs to develop more than just his physical game. He is emotionally and mentally very immature. Surprised Lakes and others aren’t on this “news” already.
    Because he left too early. He should still be in college. Young mens brains still develop into their 20s. The higher car insurance, the inability to rent a car at 21 and alcohol consumption is backed by science

Because he left too early. He should still be in college. Young mens brains still develop into their 20s. The higher car insurance, the inability to rent a car at 21 and alcohol consumption is backed by science
    #trustHerdBot
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery