Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can we get him back

Default Re: Can we get him back

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    hedberg mess roehl all overrated

Wentz Stick Lance talent far exceeded what those 3 have done for them
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Yeah, I'm sure Wentz, Stick and Trey would agree with this take
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    A little creativity and ingenuity, like the 2-point play vs. IW, once in awhile would be a nice addition. Say what you want about “trick plays” but they have helped us win games in the distant-yet-not-so-distant past. We will not be running all over the bunnies. They are too athletic and will be selling out to stop the run (think flea flicker, qb throwback, double-pass with both qbs, etc). Watch some KC Chiefs film.
    Nothing gets me more jazzed about Bison football than the times when I've seen the same hurry-up A-gap power play called 8 times in a row, each for about 8 or 9 yards. You all like that shit as well. It's foundational to the Bison identity. It only works with about 30 other A-gap power plays run before it, each for about 3 or 4 yards.

Let's not lose our identity just because some guys think it's boring. Hell, the national media thinks that's a big part of NDSU's story so they're always talking about it when we're on. The respect on FS1 for the NDSU power game was on full display during the Arizona game and it was awesome. Let's not lose that.

I know that we need to mix things in because SDSU has specifically recruited to beat NDSU and it's working for them lately. But I think we should be mixing other things in better, not abandoning a mostly working scheme.
    Insert something clever here...

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Nothing gets me more jazzed about Bison football than the times when I've seen the same hurry-up A-gap power play called 8 times in a row, each for about 8 or 9 yards. You all like that shit as well. It's foundational to the Bison identity. It only works with about 30 other A-gap power plays run before it, each for about 3 or 4 yards.

Let's not lose our identity just because some guys think it's boring. Hell, the national media thinks that's a big part of NDSU's story so they're always talking about it when we're on. The respect on FS1 for the NDSU power game was on full display during the Arizona game and it was awesome. Let's not lose that.

I know that we need to mix things in because SDSU has specifically recruited to beat NDSU and it's working for them lately. But I think we should be mixing other things in better, not abandoning a mostly working scheme.
    I don't believe we can simply run A-gap mixed in with an occasional pass against the bunnies. They've beaten our power game 4 games in a row. And without Hunter, we are not going to pound it down their throat.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    I don't believe we can simply run A-gap mixed in with an occasional pass against the bunnies. They've beaten our power game 4 games in a row. And without Hunter, we are not going to pound it down their throat.
    Ding ding. If our offense doesn’t have some balance we aren’t putting up points. Not going to beat them just running. I like their chances just running far more than ours.

Game plan has to involve 1st and 2nd down passing, that's how we got up on them in the first game. And don't let off the gas like we did second half!

Ughh. Are we still having this discussion. Tell me a another OC in the FCS that has led a team and coached them in 3 national championships games. I’ll..wait.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

TR has as many Natty rings being OC as Mess has. TR is also being groomed as the next HC, which I think he'd be awesome for some day.
    Insert something clever here...

I can't take this anymore
    Attached Images Attached Images