Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Frisco RIVALRY GAME Pregame Thread

Default Re: Frisco RIVALRY GAME Pregame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    The hares have never won a national football championship, is this a fact?
    17>1 is going to have to change his moniker to 18>0

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    SDSU dominated by Holy Cross? Guess I remember that game a bit differently. Holy Cross was more hanging on by a thread until it all unraveled.
    If it wasn't for Holy Cross' terrible INT for a TD before half I honestly don't know if SDSU wins that game. Holy Cross nearly took a lead into the 4th quarter and they were cruising. SDSU gave up over 200 yards rushing to the HC quarterback.

Even at the end of the game, SDSU got outgained, HC had more first downs and HC had the upper hand in time of possession. I'd hardly say they were just holding on.

This is all against a team that would be a 2 TD underdog to UIW.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    If it wasn't for Holy Cross' terrible INT for a TD before half I honestly don't know if SDSU wins that game. Holy Cross nearly took a lead into the 4th quarter and they were cruising. SDSU gave up over 200 yards rushing to the HC quarterback.

Even at the end of the game, SDSU got outgained, HC had more first downs and HC had the upper hand in time of possession. I'd hardly say they were just holding on.

I don't think either SDSU or HC dominated each other, it was a pretty evenly played game that the Jacks won going away. Though I suspect the Jacks were probably overlooking them a little after seeing what Montana State did to William & Mary the night before.

HC was a lot better than I expected, they'd give UIW all they could handle.

Not sure about a deep dive on a three touchdown SDSU win. Feels like a bit of a reach considering how the Incarnate Word game went.
    College of Business Alumnus

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I see HC outgained the Jacks 413 to 393. QB ran for over 200 so I'm guessing the Bison will be heavy on QB run?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I see HC outgained the Jacks 413 to 393. QB ran for over 200 so I'm guessing the Bison will be heavy on QB run?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    As Sam mentions in the article, the last time the Bison were underdogs was in 2016 heading into Kinnick Stadium. It is an unfamiliar role for them. I am eager to see how it fuels.
    They actually were slight underdogs going into the 2019 natty (in January 2020) against JMU for some reason. A few buddies and I got in on the money line when the spread was NDSU +1.5 and doubled our money. I would say it's accurate that the last time they were more than the 4 point underdogs they currently are is 2016 against Iowa.

The ISUr game was highly anticipated by many people and should at least be closer than last year's championship.

Quote Originally Posted by 17>1 View Post
    This is shaping up to be one of the most anticipated championship games we've seen down there. 2011 might never be topped as that was the first D1 chipper. Both of the JMU games were pretty hype as well. But with us being dogs in a championship game against arguably our biggest rival....that should be enough to get even some of the Bison fatigue folks down there. I never pick against the Bison, ever. Not about to start now either.

Go Bison!
    It's OK to not be OK.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The ISUr game was highly anticipated by many people and should at least be closer than last year's championship.
    That's true! That was kind of the Missouri Valley deciding game IIRC as I think we shared the conference championship with them that year.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Anonymous coaches opinions regarding natty winner.

Spoiler alert: predominantly SDSU

https://herosports.com/fcs-champions...u-winner-bzbz/
    those are made up.. 0 chance all those coaches answered. don't be silly
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?