Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Frisco RIVALRY GAME Pregame Thread

Default Re: Frisco RIVALRY GAME Pregame Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I'm curious to see what "Wabbit Twacker" app they come up with?
    it'll be like "sdsu fan leaves shack in brookings. goes to liquor store. goes to sisters shack. goes to liquor store. goes hunting. returns to own shack. drives south."
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    I'm curious to see what "Wabbit Twacker" app they come up with?
    I can’t wait til they come out the tunnel to thunderstruck
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    SoCon crew assigned to championship game. MVFC crew may never get the championship game again until xDSU teams move to FBS.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    I think if both teams are from the same conference then that conference's officials should have an even shot at refereeing it assuming they graded out high enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    it'll be like "sdsu fan leaves shack in brookings. goes to liquor store. goes to sisters shack. goes to liquor store. goes hunting. returns to own shack. drives south."
    Trust me, most of them probably can't even find Texas on a map.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Why can't an MVFC crew do the game since both are MVFC teams? Seems like a no brainer to me since they would be familiar with the style of play.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Apparently because the rule doesn’t have an exception clause like “unless both participating teams are from the same conference”.
    What the NCAA does with post-season assignments isn't always logical or consistent. Division III and FCS have said they will not allow the crews to be assigned from the conference of either team. Until this year, Division II required that if both teams are from the same conference, the crew was required to come from that conference. They changed that this year to align with the other levels. When the Bison played Illinois State in 2014, Patty lobbied hard for a MVFB crew to be assigned, but they refused.

The other thing each level has done is each conference submits 1 or 2 crews (usually mixed crews) to the supervisor for that level. The national supervisor (part-time role that exists primarily to do playoff assignments) assigns crews to the first 2 rounds. At the D2 and D3 level, those assignments are largely geographic to limit travel expenses. Texas only has 1 D3 conference, so a lucky northern crew gets flown down there for any assignments (Mary Harden Baylor has been a common location). FCS doesn't have any travel limitations. MVFC worked week 1 at SELA, and week 2 at Sacramento State.

The supervisor has observers watch each game in person or on video and grade the crews. The last 3 rounds are then worked by the top 6-7 crews based on those observations taking into account geography and teams participating. This year, D2 had the top 4 crews work the quarterfinals, and the championship crew was picked from that round.

FCS did some unexpected things this year. A MVFC crew worked the quarterfinal game at Montana State. It consisted of officials who worked week 1 and week 2 plus at least 2 officials who hadn't worked either. My assumption is that crew would have worked the championship game if neither NDSU nor SDSU had made it. I hoped they would get it if both made it, but that didn't happen. I heard the crew that worked the Bison game Friday night had not worked yet in the playoffs.

Playoff assignments are the ultimate currency for each official to do what they do. Downgrades during the season can remove that, especially at the D1 level (we aren't evaluated as closely in D3).

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

5Dimes opens SDSU -2.5. 47.5 Over/Under.

Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Ha. I really hope someone from Bisonville wins this.

Thank you Aces! Lets fill it up with 701 & 218 area codes!!

https://www.facebook.com/BisoNation1
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

ima win that shit go to frisco and then i'm going to wake up in mexico with scottie and the corpse of ECE8HEH which we will weekend at bernies back to the border while trying to figure out what happened

it'll be a movie one day we'll call it

the hangover
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes