Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call - Frisco 2023! Let's Goooooo

Default Re: Roll Call - Frisco 2023! Let's Goooooo

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Oh. AT&T stadium was brought up. Apparently Houston or San Antonio... honestly I can't remember exactly. The spring *season obviously did not prepare the bunny fans for an actual real championship game in Frisco. It's all newb fanbase stuff.
    I'd agree that wouldn't be a bad idea but it would need to be done years in advance. I'm pretty sure Frisco and the NCAA are pretty happy with each other right now. Judging by how much more money they charge for tickets now (I paid $35 for sideline seats in the 2012 natty) Frisco is making bank on this game and I'm guessing their hosting bid to the NCAA has seen a similar increase. Would be interesting to see how many other cities/venues would be interested in hosting if they realized how Frisco is selling 18k+ tickets every year at $100 a pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'd agree that wouldn't be a bad idea but it would need to be done years in advance. I'm pretty sure Frisco and the NCAA are pretty happy with each other right now. Judging by how much more money they charge for tickets now (I paid $35 for sideline seats in the 2012 natty) Frisco is making bank on this game and I'm guessing their hosting bid to the NCAA has seen a similar increase. Would be interesting to see how many other cities/venues would be interested in hosting if they realized how Frisco is selling 18k+ tickets every year at $100 a pop.
    Fans who have no experience attending games for a program that actually sell out freaking out and demanding venues should ensure every fan who wants to attend can get a ticket at face value. That's the level of entitlement that washes over each fanbase the first time they get to a real season championship in Frisco. That's what's happening now at SDSU. I thought they'd be better prepared, but not even close. Same as all the others.

Fans who have no experience attending games for a program that actually sell out freaking out and demanding venues should ensure every fan who wants to attend can get a ticket at face value. That's the level of entitlement that washes over each fanbase the first time they get to a real season championship in Frisco. That's what's happening now at SDSU. I thought they'd be better prepared, but not even close. Same as all the others.
    I really did expect better. Both of their fanbase and of their athletic department. Been the bridesmaids many times enough you'd think they'd know how a wedding works by now.

Total rookies
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Based on the championship attendance numbers on Wikipedia, there may have only been one game where a team wasn't playing in their home stadium (George Southern, App State, Marshall) that was close to selling out before the game moved to Frisco. In the Frisco era, only the Bison games have been sold out.

Bunny board has two posters who like to hear themselves talk debating who to contact to get the game moved out of Frisco. Lots of TLDR stuff, typical opposing fanbases pissing and moaning before they ever go to the game in the first place.

Another also says that Ringo's and Scruffy Duffy's is a must stop based on his experience there in the * spring season.... that was cute.
    It's OK to not be OK.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I feel like I have hit every major attraction over the years in Dallas. What are some places to spend Saturday at?

Past things we have done:
    Stockyards
    National Video Game Museum (love this, go if you like old games and a bonus its right by Toyota Stadium)
    AT&T Stadium Tour
    JFK Area and all things around it
    Top Golf
    All the malls
    Winstar
    GW Bush Presidential Center

Enjoy breweries and such, and I'm sure we could just find more to visit, but looking for any place even an hour or so outside of DFW area to hit up for a day. Any suggestions?

BONUS REQUEST: Any AYCE BBQ places? Hutchins is good and all, but last year they didn't do the AYCE and that made us sad so we are exploring our options.

EDIT: I see The Star has tours available this year, so maybe that is an option. They hadn't been open the last few times.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    I feel like I have hit every major attraction over the years in Dallas. What are some places to spend Saturday at?

Stockyards
    National Video Game Museum (love this, go if you like old games and a bonus its right by Toyota Stadium)
    AT&T Stadium Tour
    Top Golf
    All the malls
    Winstar

Enjoy breweries and such, and I'm sure we could just find more to visit, but looking for any place even an hour or so outside of DFW area to hit up for a day. Any suggestions?

BONUS REQUEST: Any AYCE BBQ places? Hutchins is good and all, but last year they didn't do the AYCE and that made us sad so we are exploring our options.

EDIT: I see The Star has tours available this year, so maybe that is an option. They hadn't been open the last few times.
    Went to the downtown Dallas Aquarium once.

Stockyards
    AT&T Stadium Tour
    Top Golf
    All the malls
    Winstar

Scheels at the Grandscape (where I believe the pep rally is this year) can be kinda cool for families. Boutique shops, bars/restaurants, etc. Somewhat similar feel to the Star and Legacy West food hall. It's super commercialized, so it's not really my wife and my style, but I suppose it's something touristy if that's what you're looking for. I will say, the Truck Yard around the corner is a great place to grab a drink or three. There's also a brewery over there now and some other small things that may be of interest. On a nice day, nothing beats Truck Yard in my opinion. Might make for a good saturday.

There's also downtown Frisco which is underrated. We really like Heritage Table for dinner and then Eight11 after for patio beverages. Make sure you make reservations for both if you go, it's also a little more on the formal date-nighty side but it's a blast if you're looking for good food and something a half-step up from a sports bar atmosphere. If we're feeling adventurous we'll head to the Rail Yard (essentially Truck Yard knockoff) after. That is potentially our group's tentative plan for Saturday. Probably the perfect "wrap up by 10pm to be ready for tailgating" type of evening in my opinion.

Don't know much about all you can eat barbecue. The only places I've heard of are pretty trash in Texans' opinions. Spring Creek Barbecue is the only one I actually know of and it's not very good. Have you ever checked out Babe's Chicken? You pick your entree from 5 options and then they just bring you endless family-style sides.
    Last edited by NDSU92; 12-27-2022 at 06:38 PM.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Stockyards
    AT&T Stadium Tour
    Top Golf
    All the malls
    Winstar

Frontiers of Flight Museum at Love Field
    Perot Museum of Nature and Science
    Dallas Art Museum
    Bonnie and Clyde Graves
    US Treasury Money Factory

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Bison alum in Frisco looking for 2 tickets if anyone has extras. Happy to purchase or trade for a round of golf at a private country club just outside Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    Bison alum in Frisco looking for 2 tickets if anyone has extras. Happy to purchase or trade for a round of golf at a private country club just outside Frisco.
    Wait until they release standing room tickets. Prices come way down.

We usually wait until the day before the game to get for our large group.
    *one day later*