Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call - Frisco 2023! Let's Goooooo

Default Re: Roll Call - Frisco 2023! Let's Goooooo

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Replace NDSU with NCAA. Pretty sure it is NCAA that elected to distribute tickets and allow resale via AXS. I do not think NDSU sees any of the resale profit, NCAA does.

Personally, have no issue with people who purchased the presale profiting. I'm a little bit more meh on resale of tickets received in the school allocation. Those that have donated enough to receive the tickets have earned that right, but I wouldn't do this myself.
    Yes, it is the NCAA that chose AXS. The one time I sold tickets from an NDSU allotment was for the K-State game when something came up and we couldn't go. I sold them to a former neighbor who still lives by my parents for face value and he put an extra $10 on the check he mailed to me (We lived in Oregon at the time) just so he could pay for some beer that I could enjoy while watching the game on TV.
    It's OK to not be OK.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Yes, it is the NCAA that chose AXS. The one time I sold tickets from an NDSU allotment was for the K-State game when something came up and we couldn't go. I sold them to a former neighbor who still lives by my parents for face value and he put an extra $10 on the check he mailed to me (We lived in Oregon at the time) just so he could pay for some beer that I could enjoy while watching the game on TV.
    The logic of not being able to sell allotted tickets for above face is pretty thin. The TM that got the ticket can do with them what they want. It's no different than during the season a TM not using their seats and selling for above face to recoup some of their costs.

Additionally, I don't think it gets written into a legal contract. I buy a piece of property, but I can't sell it for more. That's in essence what some are advocating. If you got an allocation, that means you are a good to great supporter of the program, you've thus earned the right to do what you please.

As a general note. I've heard from a number of people that they have excess tickets. That tells me there is the ability to get seats reasonably priced. First two years, tickets were hard to come by and no one had extras. This year inventory is out there. Plus there is always the NCAA selling SRO at some point.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I get bombarded with emails from NDSU, but they cant send one telling me I did not get awarded tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    I get bombarded with emails from NDSU, but they cant send one telling me I did not get awarded tickets?
    I got my email about not getting tickets on 28 December at 0900 CDT. Try checking your junk folder

Dewey

not there, I got nothing.

All I have is my confirmation of the application submission.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    not there, I got nothing.

All I have is my confirmation of the application submission.
    Same here.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Same here.
    Pretty sad really

I got the dear John.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    100% agreed. Everybody had the chance to buy tickets in August but didn't. Probably because they feel it is too risky but now they complain when someone else took on that risk and are looking to profit on that risk.
    Dewey
    Perhaps the debate is presale tickets versus allotment tickets?
    I think people have gotten used to the fact that pre-sale tickets will be sold later at a higher price.
    Allotment tickets… The ticket office said they had to decline many Team-makers.

It’s been a couple years . Does a majority of people still party at the bars in shops at legacy ?