Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call - Frisco 2023! Let's Goooooo

Default Re: Roll Call - Frisco 2023! Let's Goooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Moved to where? If they're pretending that we could even fill a third of Jerry World they're dreaming. I'm all for moving the championship game around a bit (Vegas, Orlando, San Antonio, etc) but I don't believe the Bunny fans or dwindling Bison fans willing to travel need much more than the 19k or so that Frisco offers.

Of course if they played in a 50-60k stadium that's a quarter full it would look like the rest of these minor bowl games out there so nothing that bad about that either.
    I think the SMU stadium would be fine. Capacity of about 33,000 or so. Would be empty seats but none of the ticket theatrics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Now a forecast of 80% chance of rain on Sunday in Frisco. Let’s hope that goes away!

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    I think the SMU stadium would be fine. Capacity of about 33,000 or so. Would be empty seats but none of the ticket theatrics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SMU sounds like a great venue for the fans.

NCAA i think unfortunately sees the scarcity and "ticket theatrics" as a good thing. It ensures they sell out this game every year, and they can keep bumping the prices upward. At a stadium like SMU, we might be able to find $20-30 seats. Once you have 5k or more empty seats, the prices come down fast.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    Now a forecast of 80% chance of rain on Sunday in Frisco. Let’s hope that goes away!
    huh? we want RAIN !!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    SMU sounds like a great venue for the fans.

NCAA i think unfortunately sees the scarcity and "ticket theatrics" as a good thing. It ensures they sell out this game every year, and they can keep bumping the prices upward. At a stadium like SMU, we might be able to find $20-30 seats. Once you have 5k or more empty seats, the prices come down fast.
    The NCAA doesn't pick stadiums. They review bids. If the city of Dallas wants to submit a bid to host and use the SMU stadium, that's on them. The city of Frisco isn't going to submit their bid to host the game at a stadium outside of Frisco.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The NCAA doesn't pick stadiums. They review bids. If the city of Dallas wants to submit a bid to host and use the SMU stadium, that's on them. The city of Frisco isn't going to submit their bid to host the game at a stadium outside of Frisco.

Right, just saying NCAA has seemed pretty happy with Frisco, and may choose to extend it again rather than truly reopening it for bids. They have that option and extended it last time (2019) thru at least 2024.

To go to SMU would require the committee opening it back up for bids *and* receiving a competing bid. Even with a competing bid, they could elect to keep it in Frisco.

I mean I know we're just spitballing here, but Ford Field (SMU's stadium) doesn't have room for tailgating...

The Frisco experience is second to none for what it is in my opinion and it would not be nearly as good of an event in some other City. Frisco loves the game and the NCAA loves Frisco.

SDSU is just the next flavor of the month "zomg whurr's the tix?!" fanbase. Absolutely zero reason to move the game because 500 Jack fans weren't confident enough to buy tickets in August, or don't care enough to be in the top half of their season ticket holders.
    Last edited by NDSU92; 01-03-2023 at 04:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I mean I know we're just spitballing here, but Ford Field (SMU's stadium) doesn't have room for tailgating...

The Frisco experience is second to none for what it is in my opinion and it would not be nearly as good of an event in some other City. Frisco loves the game and the NCAA loves Frisco.

SDSU is just the next flavor of the month "zomg whurr's the tix?!" fanbase. Absolutely zero reason to move the game because 500 Jack fans weren't confident enough to buy tickets in August, or don't care enough to be in the top half of their season ticket holders.
    I'm also starting to see posts of available tickets with no responses. Not sure how many posts exist in other ticket exchanges because I'm not looking for tickets. I haven't heard they are selling SRO, but there may not be many buying them if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I'm also starting to see posts of available tickets with no responses. Not sure how many posts exist in other ticket exchanges because I'm not looking for tickets. I haven't heard they are selling SRO, but there may not be many buying them if they do.

That is weird they haven't sold sro tickets. Wonder what the story is there.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    That is weird they haven't sold sro tickets. Wonder what the story is there.
    I think they've only done it when the demand for tickets on the secondary market was high. I did see posts where people were commenting on SRO tickets being available in ticket exchanges, but I don't believe any have been made available. Brokers often advertise speculative tickets and then go out and find them if someone buys.